Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:31 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:31 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 2393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:20 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Warnings: 0
Virtually no change to the chart this week either. Drake remains at #1 for the 12TH WEEK in a row! :roll:

Fan of classic rock and metal

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:57 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Spend another four weeks at number one... well we all know what chart record that would be for don't we? YUP!

The last previous act to get to double figures was Rihanna with Umbrella back in 2004... I remember that so well.

willrelf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:08 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts
Forum Games Moderator

Mark wrote:
Spend another four weeks at number one... well we all know what chart record that would be for don't we? YUP!

The last previous act to get to double figures was Rihanna with Umbrella back in 2004... I remember that so well.
Except it was released in 2007, not 2004. :p

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:10 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

That's what I meant. Didn't have my thinking cap on.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:05 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

I'd already mentioned it in my post remember haha!

Twelve weeks though sheesh...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:52 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

15 WEEKS now! This is becoming beyond a joke! :smt011

matthew17

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:57 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

29/07/16:

Good news - Drake's been knocked off the top spot!

The bad news - Bieber replaces him...

1 (NE) Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber & MØ - Cold Water
2 (2) Jonas Blue ft. JP Cooper - Perfect Strangers
3 (4) Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own
4 (3) The Chainsmokers ft. Daya - Don't Let Me Down
5 (1) Drake ft. WizKid & Kyla - One Dance
6 (9) Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
7 (5) Kungs vs Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl
8 (7) Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
9 (10) Kent Jones - Don't Mind
10 (6) Drake ft. Rihanna - Too Good

Other new entries/re-entries:

32. Anne-Marie - Alarm
34. twenty one pilots - Heathens
36. Selena Gomez - Kill 'Em With Kindness

So yeah, big drop for Drake there.

I've pretty much stopped caring about the charts now - a) because there's not many new songs out that get my attention, and b) because the charts are moving so slow now. Many of the songs in this top 10 have been there for weeks and no new artists get a look in.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:53 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

matthew17 wrote:
29/07/16:

Good news - Drake's been knocked off the top spot!

The bad news - Bieber replaces him...

1 (NE) Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber & MØ - Cold Water
2 (2) Jonas Blue ft. JP Cooper - Perfect Strangers
3 (4) Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own
4 (3) The Chainsmokers ft. Daya - Don't Let Me Down
5 (1) Drake ft. WizKid & Kyla - One Dance
6 (9) Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
7 (5) Kungs vs Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl
8 (7) Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
9 (10) Kent Jones - Don't Mind
10 (6) Drake ft. Rihanna - Too Good

Other new entries/re-entries:

32. Anne-Marie - Alarm
34. twenty one pilots - Heathens
36. Selena Gomez - Kill 'Em With Kindness

So yeah, big drop for Drake there.

I've pretty much stopped caring about the charts now - a) because there's not many new songs out that get my attention, and b) because the charts are moving so slow now. Many of the songs in this top 10 have been there for weeks and no new artists get a look in.

Plus it's all more of the same, boring generic pop and r&b crap that has been running the charts since 2010. Nothing new, same formula of generic recycled beats, processed vocals and boring lyrics for pretty much every song on the list. I just can't stress how tired I am of hearing the same sort of thing over and over again everytime I listen to new music :roll:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:13 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Tried to listen to Cold Water and just 5 seconds in I HATE it! :x

Still though, at least that means Drake doesn't equal Brian Adams' record.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:42 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

The thing is, for the last couple of months he wasn't even in the top 10 in terms of sales, it's the streaming that kept him top for so long so yeah loads obvs still listening to it!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

DaphneEgghead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:18 pm    Author: DaphneEgghead    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Hello, I'm Daphne from The Eggheads. What a very strange name to have as a popstar, Drake. Back when I was younger, I remember listening every week to the countdown. It was such an exciting era for music when we have the big bands such as The Beatles and The Stones. Not to mention my friend Cliff Richard and the late, great Elvis. How times have changed.

D. X

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:50 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

I don't even know what songs are out anymore. I no longer pay attention to new music as it doesn't interest me at all now and it's just becoming more and more samey-sounding each year. There is just no variety anymore, no rock, no metal, no trance, no guitar/drum solos, every song we hear now is just the same 3 or 4 minutes of boring low-mid tempo electronically produced-to death, monotonal noise with heavy processing and autotune, and annoying high-pitched sounds, and in terms of vocal ranges, we're now processed wailing or plodding hipstery-sounding monotones and that's it.

Indie music is dead thanks to the hipster movement and now "indie" artists are just putting out generic, electronically-produced stuff that sounds no different to what Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez would put out. It's basically just become "Generic-sounding pop for the somewhat disenfranchised"

And as for DJ's who used to make house music that's good to dance to, with "trap" being all the rage at the moment, they've all switched to making generic low-mid tempo pop songs with some A-lister slapped on it to do the vocals

R.I.P Real Music and Stan Lee

:smt009

Of course it didn't help that the forum decided to crash when i tried posting this the first time :eyes:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:14 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Reading back on the 2011 charts a decade later makes me laugh! :lol: To think 10 years ago we were complaining about how awful the world was becoming because of all the terrible music and worrying about what was going to happen in 2012...We had NO idea what the future would hold :roll:

Making death threats to teenage pop singers, boy bands and rappers was like milk and cereal at breakfast circa 10 years ago!! :shock: :roll:

[ 2393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]