Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:48 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:48 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:43 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Warnings: 0
Desiigner - Panda

Mainstream rap is just getting worse and worse. I listened to that song and I needed a translator to help me work out the lyrics, I thought Rihanna's "Work" was inaudible :smt011

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:16 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

What the F is that MILF song about by Fergie?! How was that even allowed to be released? Arguably the worst thing I've heard on the radio in years... :smt078

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:51 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Something not quite current but 'Vibeology' by Paula Abdul from 1991. I seem to ever love or hate a Paula Abdul song but her vocals and the song just doesn't match

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:49 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Here's one from a couple years back

Manika ft. Tyga - I might go lesbian

So the song's message is basically "I've had so many bad relationships with men, i've DECIDED to be gay because women are all nice and not jerks" :smt011

Davao

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:33 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Anything by Meghan Trainor.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:53 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Davao wrote:

YouTube legend ADoseOfBuckley has dubbed her 'Meghan Tumblr'! :lol:

But yeah, i've really had it out with her nasal half-singing half-rapping pseudo 60s doo woop-sounding "Us VS. Them" anti-patriarchy anthems. In particular, her song "No" (which was ADOB's #1 worst song of 2016) is the very embodiment of an easily offended far-left feminist on tumblr who believes "It's OK for a woman to say she'll have a man if she wants a man, but a man saying hello to a woman is pure evil" :smt011

I think i just about went psychokiller there! :laughing

I also dislike most songs David Guetta has released since going mainstream in 2009, not only did his music turn to pot when he started collaborating with mainstream rappers and pop singers and adapted to a more poppy mainstream sound, but it ultimately brought the whole electronic genre go down with it as most other once-great DJs followed suit, and dance music has since because very formulaic and more pop-like, and i'm so sick of the same "verse-chorus-beatdrop/instrumental x2" formula on EVERY. SINGLE. DANCE SONG now :x

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:57 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

JamesJMH91 wrote:
Davao wrote:

I think i just about went psychokiller there! :laughing

2012 psychokiller!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:00 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

All this wannabe Indy crap. For starters, Indy music now just sounds like every other pop song now - processed vocals, generic electronic beats etc. (And to think, this is considered 'rock' music now sdgthju. Remember when Indy was actually rock music by the way?)

Also, it's become less about the music and more about just pandering to the hipster crowd. :roll:

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:31 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?
Forum Games Moderator

The Wurzels - I Am A Cider Drinker

:beer:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:09 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Noah Cyrus - Stay Together

Honestly, this actually makes her sister and father and look good, but the worst thing about this is the fact that she's 17 - that's right, SEVENTEEN, still FOUR YEARS off legally being an adult in most parts of the US - and here she is swearing and singing about drinking and being at the club! :shock: :x :unsure :smt009 :smt011

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:00 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

JamesJMH91 wrote:
Noah Cyrus - Stay Together

Honestly, this actually makes her sister and father and look good, but the worst thing about this is the fact that she's 17 - that's right, SEVENTEEN, still FOUR YEARS off legally being an adult in most parts of the US - and here she is swearing and singing about drinking and being at the club! :shock: :x :unsure :smt009 :smt011

Ey now, that's one year off being an adult and you'd certainly have a point if she was singing about shagging (Freak Like Me by the Sugababes is an egregious example) but swearing, clubbing and drinking? The bouncers might need to be a bit stricter but otherwise that's pretty much what a 17 year old does. The stuff I'd have done at that age would make your eyes bleed out of their ar*e.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:11 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Shape of You by Ed Sheeran.

In fact, with the exception of Thinking Out Loud, and possibly Perfect, Castle on the Hill, and Galway Girl, ANYTHING by Ed Sheeran :P

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:39 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Just about every new mainstream pop song that comes out now. All sounds EXACTLY the same - same old formula of recycled beats, processed vocals and annoying high-pitched sounds on EVERY. SINGLE. SONG :roll:

Everyone complains about there being too many songs about sex now, but that's always been a common theme and the one thing about new music that really pisses me off is just the sheer lack of variety in today's music. Days gone by, there was such a wide variety in genres in the mainstream, but now it's all been totally homogenized and everything we here now is just the EXACT SAME formulaic, electronically-produced-to-death, generic pop song over and over again but with a different person on each song :smt009

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:21 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Anything by Ed Sheeran is "perfect" ;)

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:42 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?
Forum Games Moderator

I'm a huge fan of the great genius of electronic music, Jean-Michel Jarre, but I have to include one of his pieces from 'Revolutions' (1988). Look it up and you'll understand why;

Jean-Michel Jarre - Computer Weekend

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:56 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Mark wrote:
Anything by Ed Sheeran is "perfect" ;)

#IProbablyShouldHaveSeenThatComing ;)

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:08 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Anything Katy Perry has put out, especially with the release of her pot-calling-the-kettle-black act "Chained to the rhythm" which talks about how we're all a bunch of sheep enjoying mindless entertainment too much to care about the real issues, only to follow it up with the mindless, innuendo-laced "Bon Appetite" :?

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:02 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

No one was expecting this...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... g-12399821

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:34 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

If the forum was still active, no doubt Cardi B a.k.a Budget Nicki would have her name would be dropped rather a few times in this thread.

Great to see the Nicki Minaj clone factory has been successful as we've had the white version (Iggy) and now the budget version (Cardi) :roll: :smt011

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:56 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?
Forum Games Moderator

I really like Nicki Minaj. Her new album is fire. :stick You always remember a Nicki verse.

Ed Sheeran, on the other hand... my mum wanted me to make her an Ed Sheeran CD for her car. Started off with that wretched 'Shape of You' song and piled the rest of the CD with Jamiroquai. :smt020

My ex-boyfriend started singing that horrendous song to me whilst we were on a date. We didn't last very long.

[ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]