Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:58 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:58 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:25 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Songs that have made it onto people's worst list on my iPod...

1. Rebecca Black - Friday. I admit it. :|
  2. Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
  3. PSY - Gangnam Style
  4. Olly Murs - Dance With Me Tonight
  5. Olly Murs - Thinking of Me
  6. Florence and the Machine - Spectrum
  7. One Direction - Kiss You :oops:
  8. Adele - Skyfall
  9. Adele - Rolling in the Deep
  10. Aerosmith - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
  11. Flo Rida - Whistle (sorry... JamesJMH91, I hang my head in shame. :redglasses )
  12. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem (hmm...)
  13. LMFAO - Sexy And I Know It
  14. Labrinth - Earthquake (rather swift change in opinion there...)
  15. Rihanna - Please Don't Stop The Music
  16. Lady Gaga - Poker Face
  17. Lady Gaga - Telephone
  18. Drake - Take Care (I'm actually disappointed with Drake's catalogue of music, while SharePodding songs from my housemates' iPods. I was expecting so much more, from some reason. This is the best of his songs that I've heard and it still only just barely got 1 star on my iPod!)

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:49 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Friday - So bad, but hilarious at the same time
Somebody that i used to know - Don't mind it, but it gets played too much
Gangnam Style is a guilty pleasure
Meh about Olly Murs
Spectrum's OK, but the Calvin Harris remix is better
Less said about No-Sense-Of-Direction the better
Skyfall is boring as hell
I like Rolling in the deep :)
I love I don't wanna miss a thing
Whistle.....GET OUT NOW!!!!! :smt019
Don't get me started on LMFAO. To be fair though, Redfoo seems a lot more likeable as a person than a singer
Can't remember Earthquake
Didn't mind Lady Gaga and Rihanna at first, but i'm sick of them now
I hate Drake for using the term 'YOLO' to 'inspire' young people to behave badly. However, "Hold on we're going home" is a guilty pleasure for me :)

I should also add "Wrecking Ball" is a guilty pleasure for me as well. I love the song, but i just don't like Miley and THAT video!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:50 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

I heard some really awful cover of The Jam's "That's Entertainment" in a Renault advert! :smt019

Fan of classic rock and metal

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Really cannot stand Neil Diamond's latest single. It doesn't help that Radio 2 keep playing it about 500 times a week! :roll:

Fan of classic rock and metal

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:23 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

The following bands and singers are rubbish.

-Lady Gag-a. She only sounds good when singing with Tony Randall. Otherwise, she's crap.
-Katy Perry. Very attractive, but can't sing at all.
-Ka-dollars-hawh. Talentless hack.
-Lorda. Another talentless hack.
-No Direction. I give 'em another year, and they'll be a thing of the past. Harry Styles probably has a shot at a solo career, but it'll be of little relevance because he sucks.
-Olly Murrs. Failed the Idiotest twice; also fails at singing
-Nicki Minadj / Femme de Ménage. I am still trying to figure out whether or not she's human. When she raps, she sounds like she has indigestion. When she sings, it's God-awful.
-Drake. He might be a fellow Canadian Jew, but he's absolutely terrible. Also a bit of an idiot.
-Any contemporary rap act. The good rap was in the past. The rap of today deals with bragging about how much money you have, killing people, and the objectification of women. Why is this considered music? It sound more like idiots showboating about their felonies. Freaking chavs.

Most contemporary music is crap. It's like the junk food of the music industry - pre-processed and not good for you. I'll stick to alt / indie rock and jazz, which features artists that are not talentless hacks.

I realize that by posting this, I sound like an 85-year-old man, but hey, life's like that sometimes.

Davao

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:03 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

One Direction/Nicki Minaj I agree

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:25 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?
Forum Games Moderator

Gaga and Perry (meh, she's alright lookin'.) have a few decent songs.

Ke$ha is abysmal. Whilst SharePoding (go free advertising... except I want to be paid, MacroPlant) my friend's iPod, with an abundance of Ke$ha songs, not one appealed to me. Absolutely horrendous music. How did she ever get popular? :smt011

Never heard of Lorda :?

One Direction's 'Kiss You' is a guilty pleasure... because I had to listen to this almost everyday driving to the beach, seeing as my cousin is a 'Directioner' (is that what you call them) and wanted it played every day , it grew on me :eyes:

Olly Murs' "Dance With Me" is good fun.

Nikki Mirage's 'Stupid Ho' is so bad it's good. Didn't make my iPod though. No way I'm paying 99p for that crap. The rest of her discography is awful, sorry!

Drake - I am so severely disappointed. I was expecting some decent things from him - my housemate had some Drake songs on her iPod. Only one of them mildly appealed to me but after another listen it's just so, so dull (it's 'Take Care'). Unrelated to my opinion, he looks like a rat. And anyone who was involved in Lil Wayne's love me does not deserve my respect. Or money.

As a massive fan of non-modern hip-hop/rap with great beats and most of the time good rhymes, there isn't much I like these days. I mean, Jay-Z is good... Kanye sold out (Bound 2? Seriously?!)... I very much like Rizzle Kicks... hmm... No thanks.

OK, my iPod has a few 'contemporary' songs, but everything in moderation! I mean, it's like eating McDonald's once every two months. There's plenty of Reggae, Soukouss, and more on my playlist! :-D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:15 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

I'm honestly sick of Kanye West, and how DARE he say "Rap is the new rock and roll"! :shock: :smt011

I'm over hearing about him and that wife of his, who's only famous because she's rich and because of....certain parts of her anatomy and has a baby with THE MOST STUPID NAME EVER!

NORTH *bleep*IN' WEST?!! Give me a break!!! :smt009 :smt011

(P.S. @Dr Hindsight. Who's that on your icon? I assume he's some kind of villain)

matthew17

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:42 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

JamesJMH91 wrote:
(P.S. @Dr Hindsight. Who's that on your icon? I assume he's some kind of villain)

:shock: That's Dick Dastardly! How did you not know that? Everyone does! :P

Erm, anyway, back on topic. Cheryl's new song 'I Don't Care' is pretty awful I think.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:53 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Yeah, that's Dick Dastardly, all right. I'm surprised Mr. Skyline didn't come up with that response. I figured it would be appropriate, given how I have my moments of "evilness" here sometimes. It's a fun sort of evil, though; mostly harmless to boot ;).

When I was a kid, Teletoon - Canadian all-cartoons cable channel - used to have some older Hanna-Barbera shows like Scooby-Doo and Wacky Races on their schedule. That was bay back in the early 2000s (yes, I'm old). I enjoyed Wacky Races, which my parents remembered from their youth (it originally aired from 1968-70).

Nowadays, they're basically Canada's answer to Cartoon Network, complete with an Adult Swim-like block of cartoons for older viewers overnight. This is strange because a Cartoon Network is actually available here in Canada, but it's a cheap knock-off of the original from the States.

Ben can tell you more about Adult Swim; he's American and all that.

You may now resume your discussion of terrible music, already in progress.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:28 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?
Forum Games Moderator

JamesJMH91 wrote:
I'm honestly sick of Kanye West, and how DARE he say "Rap is the new rock and roll"! :shock: :smt011

I'm over hearing about him and that wife of his, who's only famous because she's rich and because of....certain parts of her anatomy and has a baby with THE MOST STUPID NAME EVER!

NORTH *bleep*IN' WEST?!! Give me a break!!! :smt009 :smt011

I couldn't answer it Dr...! I am however extremely surprised James of all people did not know of Dick Dastardly!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think it's a great avatar (Wacky Races is good fun, came before the Hanna-Barbera studio started producing utter rubbish) Brings a bit of life to the left side of the forum, if all! So many people here don't have avatars or cool image signatures here (oh, you were the first person to win the Deal-Eye bet? I bet you're really proud of yourself.), so it's too much purple! :lol:

Speaking of which... Matt, your signature's conked out! Put it back, I made it! :smt011 :P

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:06 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Speaking of the Deal-Eye Bet, is that thing still going on, errr? I offered to pay out a $10 bonus to anyone who won it.

Also, speaking of signature stuff, I used to post images in mine, but they were often way too big, so I stopped. I'm using an avatar for the first time since I was Hawker5ive, a name based on a now-retired Toronto subway car. No one ever understood it, so I changed it to something designed to poke fun at myself.

I think I know why our forum is purple. Most of what we talk about here are reds and blues, and red and blue combined make purple. Makes sense to me.

I see your signature says you're probably the forum's most useless poster, Mr. Skyline. I have to disagree with you there. The real answer is one of two Marks - either myself, or my robotic namesake from Ipswich. I'll let everyone decide that.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:12 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?
Forum Games Moderator

Remember when the forum was silver and blue? Them were t'days, eh, lads... :P :smt028

Er, yes, ah, I see, er, worst songs ever. Well, my entry for this morning has to be...actually, it's an entire album by one of my favourite musicians! Sorry, Jean-Michel, but it's -

Jean-Michel Jarre - Geometry of Love (2003, full album). :smt009

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:35 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

I remember that. One of the other forums I post on is still in the silver-and-blue scheme. It's a phBB forum, just like this one.

Clarification on something I posted earlier: Lorda is a deliberate mispronouciation of Lorde. Most of you probably know who Lorde is.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:52 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

An honorable mention to anything Tiesto has put out this year: He's been one of my favourite trance DJs for years, but now he's going in the generic EDM-pop direction, now sounding pretty much the same as David Guetta and Avicii, and using the same old beats that nearly all other DJs just use now!

I've listened to his latest album "A town called paradise" - No trance at all on this album, and all of it just sounds like so many other songs out there. It's a shame to see Tiesto go from being one of the best trance gods of the 2000s to being another David Guetta clone :(

Electronic music just hasn't been the same since David Guetta went mainstream with his collabs with rappers and pop singers, Black Eyed Peas putting out "I Gotta Feeling", and the rise (and fall) of Swedish House Mafia. Now, EDM has become the rinsed, repeated and recycled pop stuff we keep hearing over and over again :roll:

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:08 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

May I offer a couple of controversial candidates for 'worst songs ever'?

The La's - There She Goes

The Killers - Mr Brightside

Oasis - Don't Look Back in Anger

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:33 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?
Forum Games Moderator

See - I'm a proper trend-setter! :P

Another from my very own playlist. I invite you to join me in saluting...

Captain Sensible - Happy Talk :eyes:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:07 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Justin Bieber Baby! A horrible song.

Oni-91

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:18 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

Birthday Cake // Cibo Matto

I am a fan of Cibo Matto, and their newest album is proper good but, this is...I don't know...someone heeeelp

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:14 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST songs ever?

kall4i59 wrote:
Justin Bieber Baby! A horrible song.

*Singing in a high-pitched feminine voice*

Baby Baby Baby
Noooooo
Like Baby Baby Baby
Noooooo
Like Baby Baby Baby
I thought you'd always been mine, mine, mine

;-) ;) :smt023

[ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]