Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:36 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:36 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:19 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Two Tribes - BBC2

Warnings: 0
New quiz show starting today on BBC2 at 6PM. It's hosted by Richard Osman.

I enjoy Richard on Pointless so I'm looking forward to this! :)

Fan of classic rock and metal

selv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:42 pm    Author: selv    Post subject: Re: Two Tribes - BBC2

Another load of rubbish from Endemol, that will most probably bite the dust, like "The Common Denominator"... :smt009 :smt009 ;) .But must watch it in a couple of weeks to see a girl called Claire, whose question I answered for her at the auditions. :smt023

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:21 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Two Tribes - BBC2

Saw a bit of this earlier - not bad but a bit repetitive. It's at least one round too long.

Plus with it being on immediately after Pointless (albeit on a different channel), I've definitely got a case of Richard Osman overkill right now...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:28 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Two Tribes - BBC2

New series started yesterday and there are a couple of changes:
1. The head-to-head round now has a time limit of 45 seconds instead of 60 like in the first series.
2. A new final round has been added. The contestant who gets through to this has a chance to win £1,000. They are given two categories and in any one of them they have to put the 4 answers into the correct Yes or No Tribes. If they fail, the prize rolls over by another £1,000 next show.

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:40 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Two Tribes - BBC2

BBC hate giving a lot of money away don't they? Look at Pointless and Perfection. Now this. :roll:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:32 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Two Tribes - BBC2

Davao wrote:
BBC hate giving a lot of money away don't they? Look at Pointless and Perfection. Now this. :roll:

Eggheads too. No money was given away until they reached £25,000 in the latest series.
The longest streak ever was £75,000! :smt103

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:24 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Two Tribes - BBC2

BankerSpanker wrote:
Davao wrote:
Eggheads too. No money was given away until they reached £25,000 in the latest series.
The longest streak ever was £75,000! :smt103

Regardless of how you cut it, all of those shows pay out an average of £1,000 a show (except Pointless, where it's about £1,250 a show due to Pointless answers adding £250 to the prize fund). BBC can definitely afford to increase those mediocre prize funds, as they pay out £3,000 per show on Pressure Pad and it's on BBC2!!

Also, without question the cheapest of the lot is the Link, as they make it next to impossible to leave with the top prize (which is only between £2,000 and £6,000!!), meaning that they pretty always pay out £1,000 or (usually) less per show, and quite often people leave with nothing thanks to the links suddenly getting much harder towards the end. :roll: :roll:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:53 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Two Tribes - BBC2

This show is so cheap, it's as if it was made in Canada. There is no saving grace here.

If your jackpot is one thousand freaking pounds in two thousand freaking fifteen, you need to get your production values out of 1991 and get with the times.

Some people here weren't even born in 1991. That makes me very old.

Grade: F.

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:16 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Two Tribes - BBC2

No wonder DOND, GB, Chase, MPD had a lot of apps.

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]