Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:58 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:58 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:04 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: 10/12 Archie
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Good evening dond.co.uk, and welcome to yet another episode of Deal...or No Deal?

Yesterday's game saw () go home with a massive £x, spanking nobody in the process - a truly magnificent win for ()! Well, if you're wondering why I've left those values blank, it's probably because we've never before had a game of Deal or No Deal in this studio, under these lights, before these cameras and your very own good eyes - but still, imagination's a wondrous thing :-D

Right, well, you may be wondering who today's player - our very first ever - is. Are you? Yes, you are! You need wait no longer...

...because I can now inform you that your contestant this evening is a forum member who has garnered the respect and appreciation of everybody within these grand walls, and even beyond, in the world of the real-life Deal or No Deal. But that doesn't exist here, so none of that actually happened. Anyhow, yes, well, tonight we are very fortunate indeed to have a gentleman of this fellow's calibre in our company. He is the unique, he is the indomitable, he is the absolutely splendiferous...

ARCHIE! :D

Welcome to your show, Archie; here's how this'll work. You'll pick your box, any one of 22, and your first round will consist of---sod that, you know how this game works, you've been to see a hundred and eleventy-seven of them live, for goodness' sake :lol:

Right, yeah, housekeeping done, please choose your box, and your first five for round one, please. The very best of luck to you, squire! :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Last edited by daniel123 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
10/11 edited to 10/12. I forget dates sometimes...

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:08 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie

Wow, what an intro ;)

Thank you Daniel! I would much prefer my box to be chosen at random, as it's a random game ;)

21 to start. (If one of those is my Box, I'll have 8 too please)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:10 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie

Hopefully Archie spanks that Banker out of £500,000. :D

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:22 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie
Forum Games Moderator

Righto, yes, of course, as you wish! Random.org has dutifully selected your box as number 20.

Round One is to commence, then, and it begins with number 16...Trevor the Sage rests behind it, his balding scalp almost completely covered in moss, his cheeks sallow, his brow furrowed...as he RIPS THE SEAL FROM THE LID OF THE BOX AND REVEALS

Box 16 - 1p WHAT A START! WHAT A BLIMMING START! THAT'S FANTASMAGORICAL! THAT'S ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC! :D

Next up is James from March 2006 with number 6. He stares down his nose at Archie for several minutes before taking a sip of his morning mocha and unfolding yesterday's copy of The Telegraph. Oh, the box opening...

6 - £1,000 First red...oh no...you might regret this...all of it...ALL OF IT! :cry:

Third we visit 13 - behind this box sits the snooker great, Cliff Thorburn.

*Six years later* And Cliff looks like he's ready...now...to open the box. Here we go...good luck, mate...

13 - £75,000 Well, it's not too bad; first Power 5 hit of the game, blah, you're still in a strong position Archie, all's not lost! We go fourth to number 12, which has nobody behind it.

Box 12 opens itself, to reveal -

12 - £10!! WHAT A RECOVERY! YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY TO A POTENTIAL £500,000, IF YOU'RE BRAVE ENOUGH! GREAT STUFF! GREAT STUFF!

Last of all is number 21. Revealing all tonight is Ann Widdicombe! Can she turn the air blue? :D

21 - 10p YES!

Well, that was an absolutely fantastic round, apart from the £75,000 going, Archie, which is quite some hit, and we'd much rather have taken out lower reds if we had to have reds at all, and of course, an all-blue round would've been fantastic, and I've just said fantastic twice in a sentence, and, yeah...BANKER TIME!

(TL;DR: 1p, £1,000, £75,000, £10, 10p)

*RING RING*

*RING RING*

*RING*

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:31 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie
Forum Games Moderator

*RING RING*

Hello? Yes, it's done...but there's blood everywhere...

:shock:

Er, oh, right, you're, you're the Banker? Erm, I, I didn't do it, er, didn't do what? Nothing, I mean, the, the ironing, I'm sorry I didn't do, er, aha, haha, erm, well, oh, right, the offer, alright. You - yes, you think he's a fierce competitor, I see, I see...ah, right, you're here to get him, what? Dirty? :shock: Oh, oh, ahh, oh, dirt cheap, OK, erm, fair enough, I think I'll, yeah, so that's your offer, OK, I'll hang up now...yeah, thanks, erm, bye. :eyes:

*puts phone down*

Archie, he really respects you. An awful lot. He wants you to take his offer now. He always says that, and people end up beating him, so I wouldn't take much notice, but still...

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,200

I'll give you a bit of time to mull that over...but when you're ready, do you wish to make a DEAL...or NO DEAL?

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:33 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie

He's right, it is a respectable offer. £13,200 IS a lot of money and it IS a good offer.

This wouldn't be the worst deal in the world..

Thank you Daniel,

No Deal.

8, 5 and 17 next!

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:47 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie
Forum Games Moderator

He knows he's right. I know he's right. Of course he's right. He's me. ;) :-D

So, a generous round of applause greets that decision - but will Archie live to regret that one moment in his life? I don't think so, but I don't know...

Round 2

We continue with number...let me check the reply again, I've forgotten...ah! Number 8! Behind number eight stands the reputable Jon Wakefield - known to the forum as the inimitable 'Wakey1512'.

Wakey: Best of luck mate. Yeah. Bloody hell you've changed. Swear you were Spanish last time, or something like that, mate...anyway, yeah, you know, I used to say all this stuff about going to the end and all that, but I was young, and naive, and, you know, this is a free country, you live how you wanna live, man, ain't nobody gonna stop you...

Box 8 - £250! GOOD START TO THE SECOND ROUND!

At number 5 is Chuck Berry - who is given a rapturous reception, but isn't very happy that Jon stole his 'free country' line for his own personal use and never paid him a cent in royalties...we're then treated to a 2014 version of 'My Ding A Ling'. Spiffing.

5 - £250,000 :shock: :( :( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The studio and Chuck's guitar fall silent. We're grateful for the latter, but not the former.

Still hope in this game - still £100,000 there for grabs. Last is number 17 with Michael Barrymore.

Michael: Come on Archie, if I can turn my career and my life around, you can turn this game around matey-bobs! :smt023

17 - £10,000 Gahhh. Not a comfortable round for you there, Archie. Let's hear Banksy's take on this situation...

*RING*

*RING*

*RING*

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:52 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie
Forum Games Moderator

*RING*

Hello Mr Banker. Yes, I know that was to your liking, that round. I know that, yeah. Alright, you can stop, just, FOR GOD'S SAKE GIVE ME THE OFFER AND STOP CALLING ME! I'LL TELL THE POLICE! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ahem. Sorry, Archie, I don't know who that was. I hope he doesn't call again. He sounds quite intimidating.

You might like him, though, because, in spite of that poor round, he's made you an offer. A monetary offer, to the tune of...

BANKER'S OFFER

£10,100

Something to be considered, all things considered. Now, that in mind, do you wish to Deal...or No Deal? :ponder:

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:54 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie

NO DEAL, Archie!!!!

You still have 3 of the Power 5 in play.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:31 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie

It's still a great offer and I respect him very much, but no deal!

19, 2 and 7 next

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:46 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie
Forum Games Moderator

Ah, we're back! Well, where were we...that's it! Mr Hancock has just declined £10,100 - a very nice offer from the Banker. We pick up the action at Round Three...

This is a crucial round, ladies and gentlemen. How this round pans out could well determine the rest of Archie's game. Let's see what's in box...number NINETEEN!

At 19 is the world's oldest living person, Ms Misao Okawa of Japan. She will be 117 in March next year.

Ms Okawa: 頑張って、ミスターハンコック。あなたの決定は正しいことを証明し、時間があなたの好意であってもよい。そして、いや、私は長い人生の秘訣は何であるか見当がつかない、と私は本当に人々が求めて停止してほしい。私はこれが低い青であると思います。

19 - £50! Well, whatever Misao said to you there, Archie, I think it worked! :smt023

On to number two. On a stool behind 2 is sat the mercurial Sir Bruce Forsyth, who is treated to a decent round of applause.

Sir Bruce: Zzzzzzzz, A-zzzzzzz, it's nice to see you, to see you...

2 - £15,000 ...not too bad, but not really that great, actually. Could be worse. Last of this round is number 7, and here's...oh, it's Captain Sensible!

The Captain: Keep going, Arch. You've got to have a dream, after all, and, you know, because if you don't have a dream, you'll never have a dream come true...

7 - £35,000 :o

Groans all-round meet that reveal, and the studio is bathed in red as the phone begins to ring.

*RING*

*RING*

*RING*

*RING*

Er, yeah, it's one of those phones that just rings for literally forever

*RING*

BankerSpanker: JUST ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE ALREADY!!!!!!! :smt011 :smt011 :smt011 :smt019 :smt019

*RING*---Hello? ...It's that time again.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:53 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie
Forum Games Moderator

*RING*

Hello, old boy. Yes? Really? Oh, wow! Well, that's alright for you, isn't it? Have a good time, won't you? Make sure you take lots of photies and tell me all about it when you come back! Oh, yeah, offer, what is it? That? Well...well! That's not bad at all...thanks mate, see you later. :)

Oh, sorry Archie, it's just, he's going on holiday next month. Some place called Hell; I've heard it gets quite warm there in the summer time. :smt023

Before that, however, he's offering you...

BANKER'S OFFER

£10,100

A stick! A good stick, too; bearing in mind the amounts remaining, this game's still finely in the balance. You have boxes 1, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 18 and 22 remaining, alongside your own, 20.

At £10,100 for a second time, Archie - is it a Deal...or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:56 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie

Don't let the Banker bully you, Archie. £10,100 is POCKET CHANGE!!!

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:04 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie

Because I have Box 23, I would like to decline, so no deal.

Boxes 4, 1 and 10!

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:20 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie
Forum Games Moderator

That's magnificent. As we steamroller through the night, I've been up since 9 and am finally beginning to run out of energy. On we go, however! :P

Round Four is started with number four, and thus resurfaces an auld rivalry from 2006 - this notable winger was known for his love of box three, and due hatred of box four, way back when, in the forum's pomp. He, Wakey and I would have running competitions in which we'd post images of our favourite boxes with higher amounts in than one another's (Wakey and I against him, that is). I have no idea who won in the end, and I haven't really cared since I was 11 anyway. We welcome Super Aguri!

David (Super Aguri): Why have you brought me back from the abyss, just to open box 4? I hate box 4. I love box 3. Bye.

David walks out, so box 4 is left to console - and open - itself.

Box 4: Best of luck, fella.

4 - £100 That's decent, thanks 4! :D

Next up is 1. Standing behind it is Marilyn, from March 2006.

Marilyn: Yeah, you're doing great. I really hope this isn't the £100,000. I really hope I don't ruin your game, like the last time I opened box 1 in someone's game. I hope this is a blue. Yeah.

1 - £5 IT IS! THIS COULD BE THE BEST ROUND OF THE GAME SO FAR!

Last but not least...is 10. Ten is with Len. Not any famous Len, just some old fellow I kidnapped from my conservative club in Gosport. I don't even know if his name's Len.

Len: He hasn't kidnapped me, but he has paid me £3,000 to say that to the cameras

10 - £5,000 Not bad, not a bad round at all!

*RING*

Banker Time it is, at eight-box, as we fast approach the business end of this game...

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:27 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie
Forum Games Moderator

*RING*

*RING*

Good morning. Yeah, no. Yeah, alright. Fair enough. Your call. Yeah, OK, the bung's in the post, but don't tell anyone. Righto, speak later old chap.

Well, that was an intriguing conversation, Archie. The Banker says he views you as quite a significant threat to his financial comfort; he'd like to warn you that at this moment, your game really could swing either way: in your favour, or in his. What you decide to do now will have a massive bearing on whether you leave here with fifty pence - a hundred thousand pounds - two hundred thousand pounds, nothing at all...or something in between.

In between, for now, is -

BANKER'S OFFER

£15,700

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:31 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie
Forum Games Moderator

Before I ask you the question, however, we adjourn for the evening.

Well, that's about all for tonight's session of this enthralling first episode of Daniel123's Deal or No Deal, and I must go to sleep, because as you may have guessed by this point, I'm no longer making much sense. So sleep well, and farewell for now.

Will Archie make the mistake of his lifetime - or the greatest call of all his years? Join us once more at around noon tomorrow - or earlier, whenever I wake up - to find out.

Goodnight. :smt023

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:31 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie

TAKE THE OFFER, Archie. You'd have to keep ALL of the Top 3 amounts (an 18% chance) for the next offer to be significantly more, and even the offer will be in the mid-20s, so it's NOT worth the risk.

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:53 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie

What's the board!?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:02 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 10/12 Archie

Board:

50p
£1
£500
£750

£3,000
£20,000
£50,000
£100,000

Mean: £21,781
Fair Deal: £9,689

Again, it's not worth the risk Archie, so please DEAL now. :smt023

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]