Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:30 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:30 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:34 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
This is like Groundhog Day. :suspect:

(This stays here, this time, if you will. It was humorous. :? )

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:46 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**
Forum Games Moderator

Sorry, bit of a snappy reply there, I know; my double post was intentional for comedic reasons, for the record. :smt023

On topic, we could do with Archie concluding Week 40 as soon as possible, please. We don't want to fall too far behind, and I'd recommend giving it another few days before...I don't know what happens after that. Start Week 40 again, perhaps? :ponder:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:52 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**

Remember, he said Week 41 could start before Week 40 ended. At this point, I think that would be very fair.

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:13 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**
Forum Games Moderator

But who's going to do Week 41?

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:41 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**
Forum Games Moderator

According to the table on the stickied thread, Jacques is lined up to host Week 41, with himself as Le Banquier. He's not been around here lately, however, so it's looking a bit murky...I'm available to step in as a last resort, but I'd prefer to be only a last resort. :smt023

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:33 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**
Forum Games Moderator

I hath returned.

When shall we start my week?

And yes, my ever popular style of presenting will return, if everyone's OK with that.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:04 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**
Forum Games Moderator

Personally, I'd be happy with starting as soon as possible, although that might put an end to the 'weeks' actually being...or not, it'd still be a 'week', just ending on a different day. I'll leave it to general consensus though of course, just throwing my take on it into the ring, there. :smt023

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:10 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**

We could rename "Week" to "Game", though that would open the door to games lasting shorter/longer than one week. We could skip two weeks and make the next game Week 43, though that would be a tad awkward when someone inevitably wonders where Weeks 41 and 42 are. We could make the next game Week 41 and play catchup by making the games shorter and/or faster, though that is very inaccurate with the title of "Week". So really, every possibility kind of sucks.

Regardless, only a handful of people are interested in playing these games, so really it comes down to what people want. :)

(I'm still planning on leaving once Week 40 finishes, however. ...or maybe Archstered is trapping me here indefinitely by not finishing this week? :ponder: )

willrelf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:01 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**
Forum Games Moderator

Maybe Week 41 should begin now and we try and shorten it to be finished by Sunday so that Week 42 can then start and that would work as normal; at least then we'd only be a week behind.

No regrets.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**

ACB has stuck with his £11,040
Aaron and Skyline both have £15,000
Saperogo has stuck with £44,040

Daniel 123 IS taking on Box 23 with £11,040 and Willrelf also with £26,040

1-
NOTHING

2-
X4

3-
20%

4-
40%

This means Daniel123 leaves with £4,416

5-
+£10,000

Willrelf makes his win into a power 5 by leaving with £36,040

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:59 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**

I dealt 23, meaning I get £60k! Hells yeah :smt023 Great week, eventually! :lol:

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:10 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**

I'm quite content with my £44,040 :smt023 though, had I dealt box 23, I would have gone with 5 and ended up with an additional £10,000... oh well.

It was fun doing this!

Last edited by Saperogo on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:52 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**

Yes. I fell asleep and couldn't stop hitting that snooze button.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:46 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**
Forum Games Moderator

Thus concludes the longest week in WWYRD? history - I trust there won't be a repeat of it for the foreseeable future. :eyes: :smt023

Well-played, folks, and on we go to Week 41 with His Eminence, Herr J.D. Smith. :D

willrelf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:53 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 40- Guest Host **Archstered**
Forum Games Moderator

Didn't get the x4 I hoped for but an extra £10k will do me nicely. And thus, Week 40 ends after almost three weeks. Onto Week 41 we go. :lol:

No regrets.

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]