Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:05 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:05 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:41 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

Warnings: 0
Welcome everyone to Week 33 of "What Would You Really Do?" Last week, we had a low tariff game throughout that completely crashed in Round 5 thanks to the 1 in 56 worst possible round. While 2 players avoided the trainwreck, 3 other people decided to go all the way and joined the 1p club. :D :twisted:

This week, I've decided to mix things up a bit, so we'll be using the format of the American syndicated version. The box brought to the table, Box # 7, has been chosen by this week's box selector, Willrelf. Also, there will be 7 rounds this week, and they will follow the 5-5-4-2-2-1-1 format the U.S. syndicated version used. There will be NO Box 23 this week, as it was never used in the USA. :P

Also, I can confirm that I am using the dilan04 version (on Skyline's website ;) ) to play this week's game, and all offers, negotiation caps, and future offer guarantees (so you already know there will be at least 2 of them ;) ) have been made proactively, meaning all of them were made at their respective stages of the game before I opened any more boxes. I say this because I have already "taped" the entire game and know its eventual outcome. :eyes:

Here we go...

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:48 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

Round 1

Box 5- £20,000 :?

Box 9- £50,000 :twisted:

Ironically enough, my favorite box contained my target of £50,000. :eyes:

Box 14- £50 :D

Box 2- £250 :D

Box 22- £15,000 :?

Board:

1p £1,000
10p £3,000
50p £5,000
£1 £10,000
£5
£10
£35,000
£100
£75,000
£500 £100,000
£750 £250,000

Banker Time..........................

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:55 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

Good afternoon, players. I am very much looking forward to how this game pans out. That was a fairly average opening round, and Dilan04 would've offered £2,700 in response to it, but since it makes RUBBISH opening offers unless you have an all-blue opener, I'm prepared to offer double that:

BANKER'S OFFER

£5,400

Remember, you can negotiate any 2 times throughout the game, including twice on the same offer. As a small hint, I can tell you that all of the maximum negotiable offers for this game follow an evil pattern. :suspect: :twisted: Also, I should remind you that 5 boxes will be opened in the next round, so you could easy knock out all the values above this offer. Therefore, I strongly encourage you lot to DEAL NOW. :smt023

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:12 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

Winning 1p last week makes me all the more pumped to take a massive payout this week - NO DEAL.

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:41 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

No chance I'm dealing after a pretty poor start - No Deal!

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:40 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

No deal.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:56 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

How come this is a week early? This has screwed up my timing... :|

Also, NO DEAL!

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:19 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

Skyline wrote:
How come this is a week early? This has screwed up my timing... :|

Also, NO DEAL!
The scheduled start date for week 31 was a week after the date it actually started, and the rest has followed, hence everything being a week ahead of schedule.

No regrets.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:48 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

Round 2

Unsurprisingly, no one dealt the opening offer. The Banker promises you folks that the next offer will be far more tempting.

Box 5- £3,000

Box 9- £35,000 :(

Box 14- £1 :D

Dilan04 would've made an offer of £7,600 at this point, and the Banker confirms that he'd offer roughly that amount as well. However, since we are using the American format this week, there's still 2 to open before the next offer.

Box 2- £75,000 :shock: :(

A VERY scary board at this stage of the stage, with £10,000 being the 3rd highest amount on the board after the Top 2. :shock:

Box 22-
£1,000 :)

Board:

1p
10p
50p £5,000
£10,000
£5
£10
£100
£500 £100,000
£750 £250,000

Banker Time..........................

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:54 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

Thank you very much, willrelf, for selecting most of the reds early on. :smt023 :twisted: Those last two boxes in the round would normally decrease the amount I'd be willing to offer, but since I promised that this offer will be a tempting one for the board:

BANKER'S OFFER

£7,600

As always you can negotiate this offer, and I can confirm that this offer's negotiation cap is higher than the last offer's. :suspect: Also, I remind you lot that you have 4 boxes to open in the next round, so there is a possibly that all of the remaining reds will be discovered.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:23 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

That is a very good offer, and very tempting. However, surely it's possible to get an all-blue round next, so No Deal.

My box picks haven't been very successful once again, and this time they were completely random choices apart from the box I chose to be on the table.

No regrets.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:24 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

No Deal.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:35 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

No Deal!

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:40 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

Well, that messes up everything for me... :eyes: :roll: :P

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:25 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

Round 3

So, no one was tempted by the early offers despite the increased immediate disaster scenario that this format brings. Hopefully this works out.

Box 17- £750 :)

Dilan04 would've made an offer of £6,800 at this point, proving that the last offer was a VERY generous one for the board.

Box 3- £100 :D

Box 10- £5,000 :?

Can we keep the Top 2 in play and make for a VERY interesting business end of the game.

Box 20-
£10 :D

Board:

1p
10p
50p
£10,000
£5
£500 £100,000
£250,000

Banker Time............................

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:32 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

This is an EXTREMELY polarized board. If you lot remove the 1p and another blue in the next round, the offer will skyrocket, but if you eliminate the Top 2, it will plummet to less than £100. Dilan04 would've offered £16,200 at this point, but since you all have one less box to open in the next round (decreasing the immediate disaster chance from 11% to 3%), you're in a slightly stronger position than in you would be in that game. Therefore, I am now prepared to offer:

BANKER'S OFFER

£17,200

As always, you can negotiate a higher offer, but you all only have until 12 o'clock tomorrow (in UK time) to respond to this offer. Remember, you only have to open 2 boxes if you go on another round.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:38 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

That is a brilliant offer, but something is telling me I should go on. A reluctant No Deal.

No regrets.

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:00 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

No Deal.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:30 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

I'd probably be reluctant to take that with three to open, so I'm definitely seeing this one through another round - NO DEAL.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:49 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 33 - Guest Host: American Coupon Boy

Round 4

So no one has been tempted enough to take an offer yet. Hopefully this round puts you in an even stronger position.

Box 4- £5 :D

Box 21- £500 :) :shock:

Board:

1p
10p
50p

£10,000
£100,000
£250,000

Banker Time...................................

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]