Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:32 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:32 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:49 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

Warnings: 0
Hello, hello! The ever favourite Saperogo has taken an early retirement after earning a fortune hosting this show for the last 30 weeks, and so every week, a different forum member will be taking on hosting duties. I do not require a guest Banker, and have put out for a box selector however nobody has come forward ALAS I will generate them at random on your lazy, shoddy behalves.

I would like to introduce something special. Our rival broadcaster Channel 4 have introduced a new twist Box, named Box 23, and for this week we are trying it out on this series. As time is short (We have until 23:59 on Sunday 26th to complete this week) the rounds will be posted quicker than usual, so pay attention and keep checking.

Box 23 will have one of five options, and can be played (or bought) with the "money" won during the main game.

DOUBLE (Meaning any money you bought the box with will be doubled)
+£12,500 (Meaning any money you bought the box with will have an additional twelve and a half thousand pounds)
MONEY BACK (No gain or loss from the box)
HALF (Meaning any money you bought the box with would be halved
NOTHING (Meaning you lose ALL money you bought the box with)

At the end of the main game I will ask you all for a number from 1-5 inclusive. Each number will represent an option inside the box. These options are generated at random and if other hosts continue to use this system it will follow no pattern.

Everything explained? Good.

The Banker this week is going to be generous, and is obliged to make cash offers with 17, 14, 11, 8, 5 and 2 boxes remaining. HOWEVER, he has the opportunity to offer something outside of these box zones. Again, if he does, time is money and money is sparse, so be sure to check the forum often as if you miss it, you miss out.

Good luck everybody, I'm a nice host but a very, very persuasive Banker. You may negotiate with me via private message, however any negotiation if accepted will be an insta-deal so be careful what you ask for! If your offer is rejected then your offer still stands at the original.

Good luck, fellow Dealers and welcome to where your game is being brought from this week... BRISTOL!

Last edited by daniel123 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Host is subjected to the customary grammar Nazi edit...it's a tradition long-honoured... ;)

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:56 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

Box 8 was chosen at random as this weeks carry box... GOOD LUCK!

And we're starting off with Box 22!

£1,000

Box 11- £750

Box 10- £35,000

Ouch, first hit of our power 5, stay away from the fearful four.

Box 5- £10,000

That's not a problem as long as this is lower.

Box 16- £250,000 :roll: :smt009 :smt019

Bang goes the confetti this week. One Hundred thousand pounds still in the main game, so Two Hundred thousand pounds could still be won this week.

Banker Time...

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:02 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

"Well hello there mere mortals. You have three very nice looking blocks on the right hand side, however I have a block of TEN blues! I love crushing starts, it means I can eat cheesy nibbles sooner than expected. Not going to open them yet though, this pesky Box 23 could cause me a problem..

I've just received a rather splendid handout from Mumsy for being such a darling Son. Secretly I don't like her, so am willing to blow it all this week on peasants. It's what she would want anyway, evil nasty do-gooder she is. Please don't accept this offer, as I have a splendid feeling this game is going to go tits up, but do think about it, cry if you must, I like the tears of poor, meaningless folk like yourselves."

BANKER'S OFFER

£6,250

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:02 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

Since there has to be more in the game, I shall say NO DEAL. :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:12 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**
Forum Games Moderator

Not a bad offer considering we lost the £250k, but I never deal the opening offer so No Deal.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:46 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**
Global Moderator

NO DEAL for now. :smt023

I presume you are using the same spreadsheet system Saperogo used.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**
Forum Games Moderator

Interesting! That'll be a NO DEAL from me for now, thanks. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:39 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

hogwild94 wrote:
NO DEAL for now. :smt023

I presume you are using the same spreadsheet system Saperogo used.

I'm using much simpler means.

No Spreadsheets from me unfortunately, I'm not as mathematically enhanced.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:00 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

Decent opener considering the damage, but NO DEAL.

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:21 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

NO DEAL.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:28 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

ROUND 2

In Live Play;

Aaron
ACB
Daniel
Hogwild
Joel
WillRelf

Let's hope we can hit more blues!

We start this round with Box Number 1.

10p Hooray!

Box 20- £100,000 Uhh ohh..

Box 4- £20,000 :?

The game board as it stands.

1p

50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500

£3,000
£5,000

£15,000

£50,000
£75,000

BANKER TIME...

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:55 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

"Again, only 1 blue found in that round. Carry on and it will be an ALL BLUE 5 BOX. I would like you to think about this, it's a decent offer for the board"

BANKER'S OFFER

£3,250

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:58 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

Well thankfully if I take this I won't risk being the new lowest seller off the £75k. ;) Nonetheless, after the massive squander that followed my departure at the 2nd offer last week, I have learned my lesson and shall say NO DEAL. :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:12 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

NO DEAL here. I feel another good one for me this week :D

willrelf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:11 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**
Forum Games Moderator

It is a decent offer, but surely we are due some more blues so No Deal.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:54 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**
Global Moderator

NO DEAL. :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:40 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**
Forum Games Moderator

Insolence. NO DEAL! :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:06 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

And so after Round 2 everybody i still in play.

An all blue round is what we really need guys. Good luck.

Box 19 is next, and it contains...

£250!

Great start. Two more like that please :D

Second box in this round is number 15. Same rules apply, miss the reds.

£15,000 Ouch! Major back-up has now gone. We MUST NOT see either £50,000 or £75,000 now.

Box 17 completes the round.

£1

And with THAT, it's Banker Time...

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:09 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

"As banker Spanker would say.. ONLY 4 REDS LEFT AT 11 BOX :shock: :shock: .

I don't want to force you guys on. Remember Box 23 this week is in play.. How can I make this game more interesting??

If anybody deals this offer, they will have an opportunity to play 50/50. The player calls even or odd, I roll a die. If they guess CORRECTLY I will add £2,500 to the deal, incorrectly, I'll take £1,000 away.

Remember if you deal and then decline 50/50 you could still purchase 23, likewise if you Deal and partake in the bonus game, you STILL have the option of 23 at the end."

BANKER'S OFFER

£4,250

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:10 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 31- Guest Host **Archstered**

And the current 11 Box Board..

1p

50p

£5
£10
£50
£100

£500

£3,000
£5,000

£50,000
£75,000

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]