Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:33 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:33 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:46 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!

Warnings: 0
Hello, and welcome to Week 29 of What Would You Really Do?!

Because it's important, here's a recap of the rules for Weeks 21-30:

Quote:
I'm going to be keeping track of gameplay in a slightly different way than I was before. Instead of just keeping track of weekly wins, banker spankings, and the total amount won, I'm also going to take into account player participation. The rule in the past (which will technically still be in effect for now) is that anyone can join any game at any point, but at least one post must be made in order to be accounted for that week's gameplay. Namely, posting "Deal" or "No Deal" at least once each week was necessary to be included in that week's records.

Well, that won't change, but I'm going to reward those of you who post daily with your decisions and thought processes. I'm also going to reward good gameplay. Finally I will reward those who win the largest amount. How will I do that?

With these five categories!

-
1. Daily Participation (Weekly)
Once each week is completed, I will determine each player's participation ratio for that week. This ratio is simply the number of decisions you have made in live play divided by the number of offers presented to you in live play. For instance, if you dealt at the fifth offer but only made posts to the third, fourth, and fifth offers, your participation ratio for that week would be 3/5.

I will rank each player from 1 (highest participation ratio) to however many played that week (lowest participation ratio), and that rank given to you is your score for that week. Your total score for this category is the sum of those ranks. For instance, if you ranked 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 4th, and 1st for the first five weeks, your score in this category thus far would be 1+3+2+4+1=11.
-

-
2. Daily Participation (overall)
This is almost the same as above, but instead of doing this weekly, this would be over the course of all ten weeks. Your score in this category is just your rank.
-

-
3. Amount Won (weekly)
For each week the players will be ranked based on the amount they won in the game. I will rank each player from 1 (highest amount won) to however many played that week (lowest amount won), and that rank given to you is your score for that week. Your total score for this category is the sum of those ranks.
-

-
4. Amount won (overall)
This is almost the same as above, but instead of doing this weekly, this would be over the course of all ten weeks. Your score in this category is just your rank.
-

-
5. Banker spankings
This can only be done overall. Each player will be ranked from 1 (highest number of banker spankings) to however many play (lowest number of banker spankings). Your score in this category is just your rank.

This almost seems like it should give the same rankings as Amount Won (weekly), but there have been some peculiar weeks where a player spanked the banker with a deal whereas another player spanked the banker by swapping, with a large contrast between those two amounts won.
-

-
Note: If a player who participates at some point in these ten weeks does not participate for a certain week, their score in Daily Participation (weekly) and Amount Won (weekly) for that week will of course be one higher than however many people played that week. For instance, if Alice, Bob, Carol, Dave, and Eve are the only participants of WWYRD these ten weeks, and Eve is the only one not to participate in Week 21, then her score in Daily Participation (weekly) and Amount Won (weekly) for that week would be 5.

Note 2: This might be modified later, but for now I will only count a certain week if at least six people participate that week. In addition, I think we need to have at least six weeks of at least six participants each week in order for this to be a fair enough game. In other words, scaring away people from participating is frowned upon whereas inviting others to play is highly favorable.
-

---

The next question is, what will I be doing with these categories? Well, I will rank each player in each category from 1 (lowest score in that category) to however many play (highest score in that category). Then I will determine your final score to be the sum of your rankings across those five categories plus a nicety factor*. The person with the lowest final score will win £10, and the person with the second lowest final score will win £5!

* The nicety factor is this: Don't be offensive to other players or especially to me. I define "offensive" to be behavior which might actually violate forum rules but at the very least serve to provoke other players or especially me. In other words, play nicely. Just because money is involved now doesn't give you the right to ridicule players for their strategy. If you are continually offensive, your final score will be increased by a fair enough amount. Hopefully this is enough to convince you to be nice.

---

This might sound pretty complicated, but the idea is this: Those people who participate the most and play the smartest will be more likely to win!

Some more things: I reserve the right to modify these rules once various things come to light (e.g., player abuse of certain rules, certain rules being unfair, etc.). I also reserve the right to cancel this altogether if it's not working out at all. After all, this is my money that's being given away, and if I'm not comfortable with how things are going I ought to be able to change my mind. I'm also open to suggestions on changes or additions to these rules or even removal of some of these. After all, I'm not perfect and this idea might very well be destined for failure, but if we work together we can create something memorable for this forum.

---

For now I'm going to rule as banker. If someone can suggest a way for there to be guest bankers that won't involve facing penalties for not participating that week, then we can resume having guest bankers.

I will maintain last week's negotiation rules: You are allowed two negotiations and you will not face a penalty for using negotiations. This may change soon.

---

This is the penultimate week! Since seven of the first eight weeks have seen enough participation, prizes will definitely be paid out after next week! :smt023

This is also my second-to-last week hosting this. Let's hope for something exciting!

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:51 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!

Skyline is choosing this week's boxes. Box 20 has been brought to the table.

Round 1

1 - £3,000

7 - 10p :D

19 - £1 :)

So far, so good.

13 - £50,000 :?

3 - £750

Banker time...

(Proof.)

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:53 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!

I might have to work twice as hard next week to finish out my run as banker! ;)

29% of the average for the opening offer of Week 29.

Banker's offer:

£8,732.68

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:09 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!
Global Moderator

NO DEAL for now. :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:24 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!

No deal

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:03 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

Good start, No Deal.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:52 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!

No deal

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:15 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

It's alright, but for now, I'll say NO DEAL! :)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:44 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

NO DEAL.

May my choices work out. I have a system which will be clear to you at the end of round 3. :)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:26 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!

Thanks for the reasonable offer, Saperogo, but I only take opening offers at or above £15,000 ;) , so NO DEAL.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:58 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!

Round 1 results

In live play
American Coupon Boy (1/1)
Archstered (1/1)
daniel123 (1/1)
hogwild94 (1/1)
Joel (1/1)
Skyline (1/1)
willrelf (1/1)

Round 2

17 - £250,000 :(

Well, I guess we are back to the trend of the £250k never making it far enough.

5 - £500

21 - £5,000

Banker time...

(Proof.)

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:00 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!

Next week I'm seeing double. :ponder: :P

Banker's offer:

£6,000

willrelf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:06 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

Saperogo wrote:
Next week I'm seeing double. :ponder: :P

Banker's offer:

£6,000
A duplicate of every red box?...

Annoying seeing the £250k go again, but we must continue. No Deal.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:37 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

Good offer, that, but there's still a few rounds left in it for me at this point - I think. NO DEAL!

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:56 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!

No Deal.

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:14 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!

No deal, thanks.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:10 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!
Global Moderator

I'm not ready to deal yet; NO DEAL. :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:19 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!

Thanks for offering me £6,000 in real money Saperogo :P but I know I can do better, so NO DEAL.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:27 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

NOPE

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:26 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 29 - Week 9/10 of the £10 contest!

Skyline wrote:
NOPE

So by that you mean "NOPE, I'm not going to continue on with the game so I shall Deal." ;)

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]