Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:07 am Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:07 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:59 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

Warnings: 0
Oh, I understand this twist now. Silly me, going off on the chances of the perfect round when it doesn't matter. :?

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:08 am    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

NO DEAL.

£42,000

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:03 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

If I deal, will I still get a bonus for predicting the next offer?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:08 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

Archstered wrote:
If I deal, will I still get a bonus for predicting the next offer?

NO, but you can make a hypothetical prediction to see if you would have squandered an even more outrageous offer. :lol:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:32 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

Oh GOSH!

It really pains me to say this on a board like that,

maybe guessing the correct prediction has cost me HUNDREDS of thousands.

The £26K WOULD have been an easy No Deal.

£39K = A Power 5 win!

DEAL!

£40K prediction.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:46 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

I told you this twist would give some players VERY difficult decisions. :twisted:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:51 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB
Forum Games Moderator

Naff! No Deal.

Perfect round, I'm expecting £43,000.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:11 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

Round 3 results

In live play
Archstered
daniel123
KP
JoelDavies
Skyline

Dealt at third offer
Archstered

Round 4

Archstered has dealt a power 5 figure. How much of a wrong decision was that? I mean, clearly it's wrong since it's a third-offer deal... :roll:

5 - £250,000 :shock:

Well, that's a powerful start for Archstered, and a horrible start for everyone else. At the very least, we still have three power 5 figures left! :)

4 - £5,000

All red round?

8 - £100,000 :shock:

Ouuuuch. Archstered's £39,000 looks very safe now. In a normal game, the only way to see at least £39,000 at this point is either to keep the top two in play until the end and either deal the final offer or open your box and reveal £50,000. But with American Coupon Boy's twist, there's still some possibility of double offers exceeding the highest board amount!

American Coupon Boy time...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:29 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, YES. :laughing :laughing :laughing :bluelol :bluelol :bluelol :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I was eating cheesy nibbles throughout that entire round and was laughing so much I nearly choked on one. Had it been an all-blue round, the offer would've started with a 4. Had it been the perfect round I would've offered £45,000. This means that once again NO ONE will get a bonus.

It looks like my gimmick just enticed everyone except Archstered into a HUGE crash. Anyway, if have the worst possible round now, I'll offer £52, as you could of had £52,000 just one round ago had you got your predictions right. If you want to avoid a gutting crash to a blue, I suggest you leave now with:

Banker's offer:

£4,000

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:47 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB
Forum Games Moderator

Because that's your age.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:51 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

In dog years. :eyes: :laughing

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:53 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

Needless to say both of you are wrong. :smt011 :smt019 Think very carefully about the offers and the twist and you'll figure it out.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:52 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

I couldn't care less if everybody wins £50K, I'm glad I got out when I did!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:07 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

Time's up. I have edited the post to explain why I would offer the £52, however I also included a small hint in that post. :smt047

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:46 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

OH! My hypo prediction of £14,000

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:05 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB
International Forums Moderator

Guess I'm in chase mode now. Thank goodness I'd still have gone on at the offer I missed... NO DEAL, prediction £13k.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:09 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB
Forum Games Moderator

NO DEAL, £12,000 predic.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:32 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

Round 4 results

In live play
daniel123
KP
JoelDavies
Skyline

Dealt at third offer
Archstered

Round 5

14 - £500 :)

Again, that locks us out of the perfect round, but hey, it's a blue!

22 - £1 :D

Ooh, are we going to have an all-blue round? Is there still hope in this game?

21 - £100 :-D

All-blue round!

American Coupon Boy time...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:46 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB

Too bad the last two rounds weren't switched around; if they were, you all would be considering £40,000 at the last offer. :twisted: As it is, however, it is an uplifting, but not to the point of matching any of the previous offers. In fact, even if that was the perfect round, I would've only offered £12,000. This means KP will be considering 1.5 times the base offer and Skyline, thanks to his correct prediction, will be considering DOUBLE the base offer. If the final round is an all-red one, I'll only offer 10p, not even allowing a comedy Deal. Have the fect final round, however, and I may have to pay out more than £50,000, as there is a very small range for possible offers and I suspect many will guess within it. To stop this from happening, I am now prepared to offer:

Banker's offer:

£10,000

This means KP will be considering £15,000 and Skyline will be considering £20,000. Remember, anyone can still negotiate a better offer and there is still a potential double final offer if you predict correctly, which should be pretty easy given it will produce such a close finish.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:21 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 7 - Guest Banker: ACB
International Forums Moderator

I expect that ACB's sneaky strategy here is to deflate the £35k/£50k pair so nobody gets the bonus, so DEAL to my £15k, and a hypo prediction of £39,000

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]