Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:52 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:52 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:36 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

Warnings: 0
22 Boxes..
A quarter of a million pounds...
Just ONE Question..
Deal or no deal!?!?

Hello and welcome to Deal!

Some crashes recently, some decent wins recently, and we never lose sight of the value of money. John will make his 75p that he won yesterday STRETCH!

How will you play your game today.... Saperogo!

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:37 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

Saperogo has box 4 randomly selected.

I need your first 5 boxes please!

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:42 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but I always keep 16, 18, and 21 to the end. :)

My system... let's go with prime numbers first!

2, 3, 5, 7, 11

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:46 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

Let me make a not of that on the card... 16, 18 and 21!

Ok, GOOD LUCK!

Box 2: £250,000

Oh no! But.. £100K Gaz did exactly the same!

Box 3: £1,000

Box 5: £100

Box 7: £20,000

Oh NO! The Banker will love you! This needs to be up top left!

Box 11: £750

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:48 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

Hello Banker..

Yes, quite. WHAT!? SKINNY DIPPING AT THE HOTEL!? Pat... Not impressed.

Saperogo is here!

Looking forward to his game were you? Oh.. and even better when he saw the first box.

Banker's offer:

£1,618.21

Deal, or no deal?

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:50 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

Clever offer. :P I'm more looking for £21,181.60 myself. :D

NO DEAL!

The next three will be 13, 17, and 19, please!

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:53 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

The banker will like your quick-thinking!

Box 13: £250

Great start!

Box 17: £35,000

Another red bites the dust.. Please find a blue.

Box 19: 10P!

Banker time...

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:55 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

Hello!

You've been following Saperogo around!?

If you deal now, he won't tell everybody watching what he knows about you...

He calls this a serious thinking offer, even though we are only at the second offer..

Banker's offer:

£7,000

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:01 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

Hmmm. It's about £300 shy of the fair deal, so I'll say it is fairly good. I can certainly do a lot of good with £7,000... but hell, three of the power five are still in play!

NO DEAL!

I seem to have exhausted the primes. Next are powers of primes! 4 would be next, but that's on the table, which makes 8 next. 16 is being kept to the end... and that exhausts powers of 2! Powers of 3... well, that's only 9! Powers of 5... there aren't any left! This system sucks. :smt011

Okay, okay... let's go with numbers that are one away from a prime power. 15 is 2^4 - 1... so let's do 15!

Summary: 8, 9, 15.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:04 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

The banker rings.

If only MORE players took as long to think of a system as you... :roll: :roll: :-D
He will let you off the hook for not dealing, and shall not divulge into any gossip about you.

Box 8: 50P

Box 9: £5

We are on the verge of an all blue round.. AND an all blue hobo 5 round!

Box 15:...

£100,000!! :shock:

Banker time..

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:06 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

Yes Banker..

He thinks you will No Deal this offer.

But he thinks you have £10 in your box.
He doesn't mind what you do at this stage.

Banker's offer:

£4,500

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:12 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

Oh, I totally forgot about the banker threatening to reveal stuff on me. Bah! I have nothing to hide! :lol:

This round is eerily reminiscent of the third round of this week's WWYRD? game. :ponder: Do I get to negotiate? 8)

Nah, let's give it one more shot. Besides, if the banker doesn't care for what I do, then I don't care for what he thinks!

NO DEAL!

Let's see... 10 is 3^2 + 1. ...and that's it for being one away from a prime power. Bleh.

Well, the remaining choose-able numbers are 1, 6, 12, 14, 20, and 22. The only odd one out of that bunch is 1... because it's odd! :lol:

6+14=20 so let's save them for the fourth round. Between 12 and 22, let's go with... 22! Because I don't believe in the death box. :smt023

Summary: 10, 1, and 22.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:15 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

You may negotiate... at your peril.

£3K Down please!

Box 10: £50,000

Crap.

Box 1: £75,000 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Box 22: 1P

And the penny coming out after THOSE TWO boxes seems cruel. An unusual sting in the tail...

We have a £15K Max game already..

banker time.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:16 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

Indeed Banker, the power of a block...

He feels sorry for you, and wants to give you a lifeline.

Banker's offer:

£1,700

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:21 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

I apologize but I will be back in about 10 minutes.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:42 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

We shall continue tomorrow!

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:59 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

Yeah, very sorry about that; a 10-minute phone call turned into a 40-minute one. It was pretty important, though.

I thank the banker for throwing me what he considers a lifeline, but honestly I'm pretty happy with this board! I can still win over twice the highest offer, and the board itself is very stable. Getting rid of the last p-figure is great (even though it involved taking out the top two). Besides, this kind of game seems to be the norm nowadays anyway.

I will say NO DEAL.

As I said last round, 6+14=20, so my three boxes will be 6, 14, and 20!

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:15 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

On we go to 5 box...

Box 6:£10

Box 14: £3,000

Good!

C'mon...

Box 20: £50!!!!!!!!!!!

Banker time!

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:16 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

Hello banker...

Indeed, reminder of the 2,000th show 5 box board!

But you aren't as beautiful as Lara..

Good offer nevertheless.

Banker's offer:

£4,750

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:06 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Saperogo plays Deal or no deal! (Archstered is THE BANKER..)

Hmmm, that's quite tempting. A good offer on a £15k/£1 finish probably would be close to £4,750. I might be able to see £4,750 on a £10k/£500 finish. And taking out the top two really forces me to open my box and win £5,000 in order to win a comparable amount.

So that's a 40% chance of keeping the £15k in play and a 20% chance of taking out the £15k but leaving the £10k and at least £500, for a sum of 60% chance of getting roughly a comparable offer by playing on.

On the other hand, £10k/£1 would be crap, £5k/blue would be crap, and £500/£1 would really stink. And the offer is already nearly one-third of the top prize!

This is quite a dilemma. I'd like to ask the banker a question, though. May I please open up only one box before getting the next offer? :smt023

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]