Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:04 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:04 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

box11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:15 pm    Author: box11    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Warnings: 0
Still a NO DEAL

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:56 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Just in case you're still deciding on the final offer, Saperogo, here is the minimum I will take on each finish:

blue/£5k: £1,900
blue/£35k: £13,000
£5k/£35k: £18,000
blue/£75k: £26,000 (the one case in which the governor ALWAYS works on me :smt023 )
£5k/£75k: £31,000
£35k/£75k: £53,000

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:32 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1
Global Moderator

Tough call here, but lets say NO DEAL.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Saperogo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:44 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

(unrelated to AMC's request)

I'm going to expand/clarify/remind people of the following rule:

Quote:
All that I would like out of you is a "Deal" or a "No Deal" after each round, posted in this thread. Realistically, I don't really need "No Deal"s as much, but it reassures me that people are actively playing. I'll interpret a lack of response as a "No Deal", but that doesn't mean people who don't participate automatically win what's in the box; you have to post a decision at least once over the course of the week in order to be counted.

Some people who posted in the first two rounds have yet to post again; this is fine, but this means that you will be counted as saying "no deal" to every offer before the current one (£13,000 at 5-box). On the other hand, there are certain forum members who have yet to post for this week; this is also fine, but in order to be considered as a player you need to post either today or tomorrow your decisions for the respective boards, and your first four decisions all will have been "no deal".

This is all in order to preserve fairness and honesty to these games while still being lenient. I understand that people may be too busy to check up on this thread everyday, or will wait until the endgame to make decisions since the first half doesn't matter (unless you don't have an aversion to dealing the first few offers :smt023 ), or possibly forget that this thing exists (especially since this is new). But in order to prevent people from using hindsight in making previous decisions, I can't have people jumping in at the final offer only to say "Well, I'd have dealt the fourth offer since the game crashed afterwards!" or "I knew the fourth offer wasn't good; just look at that finish!" ...well, I suppose the latter can't be prevented, but the former certainly can.

What this really means: The "In live play" list consists of those who have posted at least once in the thread but have yet to deal. If your name is on this list but you haven't posted in days, that's fine; you have been considered as saying "no deal" to each offer in your absence and should carry on with the current round. If your name is not on this list and you wish to play, there is nothing wrong with that at all; as long as you post at least once before the week is over, you will just be considered as saying "no deal" to each offer until this point.

Now, for the "expansion": I will grant a bit of leniency here in terms of people who post once but forget about this thread later: If you can make the case that you have forgotten about the current game (which, for now let's say counts as "not posting in at least two days"), and you don't think it's fair to be considered for statistics or whatnot, you can either post here or PM me about taking your name off the "in live play" list, and your game will not be counted. This policy certainly has potential for abuse, so it will be up to me whether I can take your plea honestly and whether I do anything about it.

In the end of the day, this is all just for fun (for now), so please do nice things! :smt023

tl;dr: As long as you post at least once this week, you will be considered as playing this game, regardless of whether you remember to check up on it later, unless you request otherwise.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:02 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

And another one bites the dust...

Round 5 results:

In live play
American Coupon Boy
box11
daniel123
hogwild94
KP
Skyline

Dealt at fourth offer for £20,500
JoelDavies

Dealt at fifth offer for £13,000
Archstered

Remember! If you don't see your name above, that means you haven't posted in this thread! You can still make a decision on the offer below and be counted, but that means you've decided the past five offers were "no deal"s. :)

Round 6

With six people in live play and two out of play, who made the right call?

4 - £10

Only one blue left!

7 - £75,000

And now £35,000 is the final life-changing figure on the board... could JoelDavies and Archstered have made the right decision after all?

21 - 10p :shock:

The climax of this game:

Banker time...

American Coupon Boy said that he wants £18,000 in order to deal this board. Will his wish come true?

Not the offer:

£17,999.99 :shock:

Okay, that's not the offer. :smt051

I promised I wouldn't play these games... but this isn't the end of the post! Just be warned that the offers are calculated by an impartial source and are not affected by emotions, demands, requests, or threats of any kind. With that being said...

Banker's offer:

£15,000

So... what would you REALLY do???

Deal or No Deal???

And, if you choose to play all the way to the end:

Swap or No Swap???

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:12 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1
Global Moderator

Lets go for it... NO DEAL.

And NO SWAP.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:12 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

HORRIBLE OFFER!!!!!!!!!!! :smt011 :smt019 ABSOLUTELY NO DEAL!!!!!!!!!!! Also, I would like to SWAP, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:26 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1
Forum Games Moderator

The offer isn't that good. I would never deal with two reds relatively close to each other - so No Deal. I'll go with Annoying Coupon Boy too - SWAP.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:02 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1
Forum Games Moderator

Guaranteed £5,000, which is life changing for me anyway, I see no reason to not go for the £35k. Straight NO DEAL from me, and absolutely NO SWAP for box 13, thanks. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:22 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Ohh, so AT LEAST 2 players will win £5K...

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:06 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Archstered wrote:
Ohh, so AT LEAST 2 players will win £5K...

Indeed! :D

Round 6 results:

In live play
American Coupon Boy
box11
daniel123
hogwild94
KP
Skyline

Dealt at fourth offer for £20,500
JoelDavies

Dealt at fifth offer for £13,000
Archstered

Everyone believes £15,000 is a crap offer! ...okay, I'll concede it was stingy. You'll see soon why that was, though. :smt023

So now we're opening a box... but, which one? Some people have swapped, and some haven't... who is opening which box?

Box 13 (no swap)
box11*
daniel123
hogwild94
KP*

Box 10 (swap)
American Coupon Boy
Skyline

* On top of a no-response being counted as a "no deal", I'm counting them as "no swap" too. :smt023

So at least two people are winning £5,000 and at least two people are winning £35,000... but, which ones? Drumroll please!

Tada! :D

Final results
£35,000 (OPW): box11, daniel123, hogwild94, KP
£20,500 (OBW): JoelDavies
£13,000 (OBW): Archstered
£5,000 (OBW): American Coupon Boy, Skyline

(Please correct me if these are the wrong terms. :smt023 )

So, that's the game, folks! See ya next time (in 24 hours)! :)

...actually, coming up in a few minutes: A reveal of... stuffs! :suspect:

Joel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:17 am    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Fantastic! :D

Although I do believe that mine and Archstered's results were TBW and not OBW because £20,500 was the second highest amount available to win. £5,000 was definitely an OPL though because there wasn't an offer lower and it was lowest amount possible to win in the game. :lol:

Joel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:20 am    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Actually, ignore some parts of that ^ :P

Have a read through this in case you don't understand game scoring: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=10717

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:25 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

I was basing it off of here, actually. But it still looks like I counted it right! It's rather odd that opening your box reduces you to one of two things, both extremes. :ponder:

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:57 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

And now... stuffs! More precisely: How I made my offers, and what Deal-Eye thinks of them!

Actually, the two are very much related. To see that, let's view Deal-Eye results first! (I asked StatsMan for permission to do this, and he gave me the okay! This is definitely his system and not mine, to be clear. :smt023 )

Deal-Eye would've opened the box and won £35,000! Amazing! ...wait, something's not quite right here; every offer is nearly 90% of the benchmark. :blueponder

Oh, that's right. That was my intent! :D This makes the offers very honest since DealEye is but a cold and calculated system. Of course I did a small bit of rounding since an offer of £20,736.32 would seem rather odd... but it's close enough!

Oh, and next week's offers aren't going to be based off of this 90% benchmark principle. I'm just keeping you on your toes. ;)

(This is why I ignored all of AMC's offer requests and offered a stingy £15,000 at the end; I guess the 90% principle doesn't work quite so well when the final two boxes are close together. :| )

See you later!

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:08 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1
Forum Games Moderator

Very good indeed, I enjoyed that! :D

Are we keeping a record of everyone's results over time?

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:25 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

For now, yes! I mean, I might as well. If people don't want their scores tallied, I guess I could ignore them... but, they all will be sitting here for anyone to find, anyway.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Maybe if you keep a tally you should do it like Deal-eye and base it off the average of the Mean and Median of their wins.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1
International Forums Moderator

I know I didn't post at 5-box, but that - like 8-box - was just a couple of grand short of the mark. 2-box was fairly clear-cut... and there we go!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]