Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:52 am Last visit was: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:52 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:58 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

Warnings: 0
Let's see if that offer will come back to haunt him. Hopefully, the only way is up from here for you!

4 - SILVER POT! That's sort of okay at this stage...

14 - Image £15,000! Image That'll do, and it's wheel time before we open that third and final box!

Also a Eurovision enthusiast and fellow member of #teambat.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**
International Forums Moderator

This could get VERY interesting.

Will it be wheely good, or provide a wheel sense of relief for the Banker?!?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:04 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

... and it'll be ONE BOX AT A TIME FROM 5-BOX! Self-explanatory, but could be hugely important to you!

16 - £50!! EPIC. This will be one hell of a phone call now.. BT

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:04 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

PLATINUM POT
COPPER POT
£250
£750

COPPER POT
BRONZE POT
SILVER POT
PLATINUM POT

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:05 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

...75% chance of a pot. 25% of the JACK pot.

Maybe if LOCK IN happened from the wheel it would have been completely irrelevant because it'd have spared the Banker one meaningless offer...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:14 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

** RING **

The Banker was quite silent on that call, I could hear the cogs turning in his head. Then he said, "it's time to throw in some unconvential options for him..."

Note the word, "Options" - yep, it's two offers you need to consider there...

BANKER'S OFFER

£110,000

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

£140,000 & NO BB

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:18 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

Wow wow wow. As you can probably tell by the length of the decision this has been a really tough one to make. I do know what I'm going to do though..

I'll..

DEAL £110,000!

Profile E-mail  

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:19 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

Boxes 6, 3 and 7 please

Profile E-mail  

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:23 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

There would've been a me shaped hole in the wall the moment £140,000 was offered, but understandable Archie dealt the £110,000 to give himself a chance at another spot in his Hall of Fame and six figures guaranteed regardless. :smt023

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:25 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

It certainly was a toughie for the Banker to make, but it seems to have worked! There's still up to £440,000 up for grabs post-deal, but let's play the rest of the main game out and see what would've happened!

6 - SILVER POT! One pot, but NOT GOOD ENOUGH! [/Noel2007]

3 - £250! Oh dear...

7 - PLATINUM POT! We'd have been one down, but one is still out there!

PLATINUM POT
COPPER POT
£750

COPPER POT
BRONZE POT

Producing two offers of:

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£96,000

OR

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£125,000 & NO BB

So we're down from the peak, but the platinum is still out there! Where is it Archie? It'd have been one at a time but give me all three in order and we'll power through this last bit, and hopefully, it won't be painful!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

American Coupon Boy wrote:
There would've been a me shaped hole in the wall the moment £140,000, but understandable Archie dealt the £110,000 to give himself a chance at another spot in his Hall of Fame and six figures guaranteed regardless. :smt023

Indeed, would have done the same as him. I thought he'd play on to be honest!

All still to play for after the first proveout round. I'm seeing a TPW for Archie here!

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:32 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

1, 17 and 12 would be the boxes in the last round

Profile E-mail  

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:38 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

On we go...

1 - BRONZE POT!

** RING **

"Let's have a little bit more fun...*

BANKER'S OFFER

CONDITIONAL BANKER'S GAMBLE

The only condition on this is, is that your 3-box offer will be a SWAP regardless of what the next box is, and the rest of the game plays out just as usual...

You gave away your opportunity to win Platinum once already, but will you pass on that opportunity for a second (and almost certainly final) time?

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:39 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

NO DEAL!

Profile E-mail  

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:44 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

NO DEAL! The Banker admits he made that offer so he wouldn't have had the agony of trying to come up with a 3-box offer :P In any case, you keep the £110k, and now it's time to wrap this up once and for all.

17 - PLATINUM POT! What a swerve! Excellent play :D :D

Obviously there'd only have been a swap here if not, so we open he final box...

12 - COPPER POT! It was your highest remaining amount! £750 plays the BRONZE POT (£57,000) which would've resulted in...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£28,000

Box 10 had... £750!! you were never destined to win a pot!! Box 8 had the COPPER POT! What a game this has been, but there's still two very important bits of business to do here...

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:44 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

What a bailout I did!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

Absolutely brilliant escape, and it means none of the pots are reset even though the last five on the wings were pots!

Brilliant stuff and it's not over yet...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:46 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

An interesting #moneymenu to savour here...

DOUBLE (£220,000 & BB)
    BOX 23 JACKPOT (£130,000 & BB)
    +£25,000 (£135,000 & BB)

MONEY BACK (£110,000 & BB)
    -£25,000 (£85,000 & BB)
    HALF (£55,000 & BB)
    NOTHING

Only one of those options will deny you the BB if you play it, and there's an eye-watering upside on the top of that stack...

... but with your £110,000 Archie, would you like to purchase Box 23, Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

Archie surely running down the platform to catch the Nope Train here...

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:51 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Archie plays Archstered's DoND 362 **APRIL FOOLS SERIES**

It's a NO DEAL here, hypo 3.

2 for the bonus box

Profile E-mail  
 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]