Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:51 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:51 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
American Coupon Boy wrote:
I thought that since your utility curve is completely flat at £140,000 (to the point that you would Deal that on a £75k/£250k finish!) at that amount that even a 20% chance of winning a lot less would deter you.

I've reassessed a little bit. While £100k is still a key point on my utility function, it doesn't flatten out completely beyond that. I'm 30 and have my life ahead of me, after all, and within that lifetime my country's healthcare system is liable to turn into something a lot more like yours, which certainly is something to think about when it comes to big-money utility valuation!

As for this... ugh.

Which am I going to regret more? Probably the £5k. Does that decision feel incompatible with playing on as far as I did? Well... at that stage of the game a tumble to a few grand or worse was merely an outside chance, likely involving multiple rounds of bad luck (and perhaps a Banker error in between them). Now, I've got a 50% chance of £5k - or a 40% chance of £10k or less with a 10% chance of an actual blue! - as opposed to a 20% chance of exactly £10k as it stands.

Did I mention that I hate this decision? ;)

Ultimately, I'm going to have to say that £100k/£200k/£220k/£400k would change my life...

...but a million would put me in a better position to change other lives too. And THAT is going to make me DEAL!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:58 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

HERE WE GO!!!! Everything crossed for you!

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:59 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

You have just DEALT The Banker's Gamble and will be opening Box 17 very shortly to reveal whether or not you are going to become our first Millionaire.

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:01 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

**RING**

The Banker JUST wants to say that he knew this day would come one day, and IF you win it, he'll be pleased for you. He can tell you agonised over that decision and that's exactly the type of decision he wanted. If the £1,000,000 is in Box 17, you deserve it.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:01 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

Never would've thought that KP would be going all the way for £1,000,000 with this format. :shock:

Really hope this works out....... :eyes:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

I'd like to thank him for creating the single greatest moment this series has ever seen.

Whatever's in 17.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:05 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

Right.. Well here we go.

We've played 325 games to get to this point. The introduction of this game just 26 games ago was going to give us a better shot at creating a Millionaire, but we never thought it could happen so soon.

Everybody would love to see the confetti fall here, KP. The harsh reality is however, we've had a few failed attempts at it since Leah's Platinum Pot win and they have been heartbreaking.. We don't want to recreate that.

Is this it? Is this the moment?

Good Luck.

Box 17-

£1 MILLION :cow :cow

DAVID HOWELL: MILLIONAIRE

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:05 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! UNBELIEVABLE JEFF!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :-D :-D :-D

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

...well there you go.

Sorry for undermining the next however-many games, folks. (Can't say "guys" because Leah will object big time.)

WHAT A GAME.

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

IT AINT OVER TILL BOX 23 HAS BEEN OPENED!

DOUBLE = £2 MILLION
BOX 23 JACKPOT (£20,000) = £1,020,000
MONEY BACK = £1 MILLION
HALF = £500,000
5% = £50,000

A #MoneyMenu which COULD see you leave with the LARGEST WIN EVER on a British Game Show, £2,000,000..

An Extra £20k for your troubles?

Money Back and the thrill of buying it?

Half a Million? Just £4,000 less than our biggest ever game..

So, With ONE MILLION BLOODY POUNDS, would you like to buy Box 23, Deal or No Deal?

Davao

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

Go for it.

Easy decision for me, if I were playing.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:09 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: sdgthju sdgthju sdgthju :-D :-D :-D

:cow :cow

All I have left to say is that I'm glad the new top winner is completely deserving of that title. ;P

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:09 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

I'd love to jokingly say this is the toughest decision I've had in the entire game but I don't even think that would work anymore :smt046

HELL TO THE NO DEAL!!!!!!

(hypo 4, whatevs)

Davao

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:10 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

American Coupon Boy wrote:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: sdgthju sdgthju sdgthju :-D :-D :-D

:cow :cow

All I have left to say is that I'm glad the new top winner is completely deserving of that title. ;P

What does that suppose to mean?

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:10 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

Do we care? I think some do!

What WOULD have been?

Box 23, Option 4;

List Randomizer

There were 5 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

HALF = £500,000
5% = £50,000
MONEY BACK = £1 MILLION
BOX 23 JACKPOT (£20,000) = £1,020,000
DOUBLE = £2 MILLION
IP: 86.163.24.110
Timestamp: 2017-07-13 22:06:41 UTC

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:10 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

You win a Million, but it's still not a spanking! :-D :-D

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:12 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

AND THAT'S A WRAP on the BIGGEST PAYOUT to date! It's taken 326 games to do it, but it's done.

JACKPOT WINS DON'T GET BETTER THAN THIS!

Our FIRST EVER MILLIONAIRE and I think it's a well deserved win.. Sensational game, WELL DONE!

So, who will have the task of taking on The Banker next time? I know I wouldn't like it! Until then, from all of us here, GOODNIGHT!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:12 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

Davao wrote:
Go for it.

Easy decision for me, if I were playing.

And it also would've been an easy decision for you to bat away all of the offers and decline £550,000 at 2 box with this game. :roll:

(which, fyi, would've resulted in your most spectacular crash yet as you wouldn't have swapped :P :P ;) )

Congats once again, KP!!! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:14 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

Eh, what's £20,000 between best friends??? :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:14 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 326

Well... if it'd gone the other way I'd have at least got £25k out of it :lol: :lol:

Thank you for creating the drama. I'd like to think we'll be talking about this for a long time to come. Possibly in comic "how the heck did KP become the first to win the million on this?" tones - no, scrub that "possibly" - but that just adds to the fun.

I need a brew :smt046

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]