Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:13 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:13 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:34 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

Warnings: 0
**RING**

Right, if you decline this offer you'll be playing the 5 box twist and that could mean him looking inside ALL of the boxes.

BANKER'S OFFER

£38,000

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:40 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

Edit. ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**
International Forums Moderator

Tough to stop with only one blue. However, the offer being above £35k gives it some instant added value if I want to play defensive, as I can reject 23 and have the BB if I so wish.

With those "intangibles" going in different directions, we look at the mean - mid-60s, so we've moved past half the mean. However, there's a dual benefit to playing on, as 23 becomes more chaseable if I go down, and actually more chaseable if I go up because a £70k offer guarantees me the BB and a £35k win, whereas dealing it on £38k gives me a 40% chance of a sub-£20k win with no BB.

NO DEAL.

11-7-9.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:46 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

:shock: :shock: :shock:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:53 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

Alright then, 5 Box here we come!

Box 11-

£10

Which means £5,000 is the smallest win from the main game.

Box 7-

SILVER POT

Ok, One more box. Not the bronze or the gold pot and you'll be in a very strong position.

Box 9-

£5,000

FANTASTIC!

BT

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:54 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

£15,000
£20,000

COPPER POT (£28,000)
BRONZE POT (£158,000)

GOLD POT (£248,000)

Boxes 17, 5, 3, 1 and (4) remaining

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:55 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

- ONE BOX AT A TIME & HOLIDAY
- BANKER LOOKS INSIDE ONE BOX ON THE WINGS & 3 or 4 BOX OFFER
- BANKER LOOKS INSIDE ALL REMAINING MAIN GAME BOXES

One of those options will possibly change the rest of your game. They have been randomised and I need you to choose an option 1, 2 or 3.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

Let's go for number 3...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:59 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

Option 3;

List Randomizer

There were 3 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

- BANKER LOOKS INSIDE ALL REMAINING MAIN GAME BOXES
- ONE BOX AT A TIME & HOLIDAY
- BANKER LOOKS INSIDE ONE BOX ON THE WINGS & 3 or 4 BOX OFFER
IP: 86.155.177.96
Timestamp: 2016-09-04 14:54:53 UTC

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:01 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

Yet again this option shows up. The Banker will look inside one of the boxes on the wings and he will decide when that extra offer comes.

**RING**

The Banker is petrified and he is hoping you bottle it very soon.. He'd like to look inside Box 5.

He's seen inside and has NOTHING to say apart from your offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

£65,000

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:03 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

I'd go for it here with £15,000 guaranteed.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

If I were to No Deal that, I'd be risking going down below £25k, chasing 23, and leaving with nothing. Or, to avoid that £0 risk, I'd have to turn down a strongly EV+ Box 23.

If I were to take that £65k with a view to putting it on 23, I'm guaranteeing myself £32.5k, and about a 30% chance of six figures.

I think that the appendix of this game is a more appealing risk to me than the main board is. It's not what I'm going to finish this game with, but DEAL for £65k.

5 would've been first, with 3 and 1 following in that order and of course the offer coming either side of that Box 3 selection.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:13 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

American Coupon Boy wrote:
I'd go for it here with £15,000 guaranteed.

I see the logic there, but I'd find it very difficult indeed to keep that away from 23. Dealing here gives me an actual floor of £32.5k, and more of a chance of winning £100k+ than that.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:14 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

It's a DEAL for £65,000! However.. it seems we may be having the second Box 23 purchase of this week.

Starting with the box The banker looked inside.

Box 5-

£20,000

Nowhere near good enough..

**RING**

He'd have let you open the next box before he gives you and offer

Box 3-

£15,000

Which means you'd have known that a pot was in your box!

28k/158k/248k

**RING**

He thanks you for dealing when you did.

BANKER'S OFFER

£115,000

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:15 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

So far in the main game, you've missed out on an extra £50,000, but, is it about to get a lot worse?

Box 1-

GOLD POT

Slight relief..

BT with 28k v 158k

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:16 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

**RING**

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£80,000

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:18 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

If it's the Copper pot inside Box 4, I think you'll be fine with the proveout, If it's Bronze, then you have missed out on a seriously huge figure.

Box 4-

BRONZE POT

You did indeed have one of the 6 figure pots in your Box.

Box 17-

COPPER POT

Box 23;

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:20 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

If you deal this, only one of the options would NOT earn you the Bonus Box..

DOUBLE = £130,000 & BB
ADD HALF = £97,500 & BB
+£25,000 = £90,000 & BB
HALF = £32,500
-£25,000 = £40,000 & BB

A potential win of £260,000 still on.

With £65,000, would you like to buy Box 23, Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

I'd have swapped given the chance, so I'm still fine. The extra offer was the one I'd have taken, but mostly I'm just glad I made it to 5-box, as I gave both of the prior offers some legitimate thought!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 188 **PURE POTS SUMMER**

I took the £65k in order to put it on the line here - DEAL.

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]