Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:03 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:03 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:27 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Contestants that got kicked off the show

Warnings: 0
This is a subject, that interests me lately. Has anyone got kicked off the show before?

I mean, they didn't get to play their game and just disappeared for no reason.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:29 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show

Yes I think.

Can't remember who and the reasons are unknown to me.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:34 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show

Of course we all remember CJ who did 8 shows in September/October 2007 before she was apparently red-carded for conflict with the other contestants.

It's believed Ryan who did 7 shows in June/July 2013, then without playing and was replaced by £250k Paddy, was in a similar situation. Ryan even admitted himself that he'd been kicked off on his twitter page, and although it was unclear what happened to him, it's believed he was happy whenever someone's game went wrong (Which would have been a bit rude of him, but at the same time, people on DoND were pretty much forced to play the 'devastated' charade whenever SOMETHING went wrong :roll: )

The other example of a contestant who was kicked off was Yvonne who did 3 shows at the end of Season 4 in 2009, but then, when 'deal' came from it's summer break for the start of season 5, Yvonne was nowhere to be seen and was replaced by Heather, and we never saw her again. Apparently when Yvonne was on DoND, she had lied about not appearing on any game shows before DoND, and in fact, she was on GoldenBalls before DoND, in which she apparenly won quite a bit of money

The other contestants that have disappeared from the show without playing couldn't return due to their health. Of course, we remember Frank who did 4 shows in March 2010 who left without playing due to his illness and sadly passed away soon after he left :cry:

(Then of course, you have the 11 contestants from the final studio game in December 2016, who didn't play during the show's farewell tour, therefore they never saw the light of day :( )

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:05 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show

I still think of those contestants who never got to play their game at the show's end cycle. Imagine getting called up for an audition after possibly 4/5 years after applying, then making it through the audition successfully, making it to the wings as an active contestant.... then nothing. Pack up, go home, maybe it'll be a decent jackpot on Pointless when you end up there.

And I fancied the hellfire out of Silvana, who is annoyingly untraceable across the social media board.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:19 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show
Forum Games Moderator

Speaking of Frank who departed the show and imminently this life - I recall an old chap called Ken who played at the beginning of season two, during the last few weeks of the summer of 2006. He'd had to leave, I think, due to some sketchy health, and appeared - from my recollection - pretty laid-back and nonchalant when he played his game because he was treating everything as a bonus, considering the position he'd been in. Whether he didn't have long to live, I'm not sure, but it may have been along those lines.

Does anyone know anything about him, where he went after Deal or No Deal, what became of him?

I know Beryl from earlier that year has since passed on, as I related to the forum some time ago, and I would imagine dear old Joe isn't still tearing boxes apart at 108...but I've cast a thought now and then to Ken and wondered, as you do. He was a jovial fellow from my memory, even if that memory is now blurred by the passage of time.

:smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:52 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show

There was a Ken from October 2006 but.. don't think he disappeared during his time. Joseph fits that, though, he left during series 1 and re-appeared in September 2006. He died only the following year.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:06 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show
Forum Games Moderator

Ah - while we've definitely got the right Ken, I must have mixed the two men up in terms of who disappeared and for what reason...

Ken it was, and he had almost certainly had a period of ill health, and seemed very glad to still be knocking about. Joseph would be the Joe I mentioned in my last comment, who was 97 at the time from what I can remember. :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:39 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show

daniel123 wrote:
who was 97 at the time from what I can remember. :P

Old git.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:48 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show

Now she was presumably not kicked off, but this is probably the rarest contestant of them all - Audrey

Two shows in March 2006, during the show's absolute peak. Then away, never to be seen again. I don't think she was even referred to afterwards, it was just... like she was never there.

Was there someone who did one show? Is there *anyone* out there who still has these facts at their disposal?

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:52 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show

Audrey who did 2 shows in March 2006 had to leave due to ill health and sadly never returned. It was confirmed by contestants from around that time like Flash and Aaron (or 'Bushy' as he was known on here), who posted here a lot at the time. Apparently, she WAS invited to come back later on but didn't follow through with it, and probably just couldn't because of her health :(

I think the one-show runner you're referring to was Mike who appeared very briefly in Ashlea's game back in October 2010. At the start of the show, he seemed happy and healthy but by the second break, he was gone and didn't even get to open his box. Mike unfortunately had to leave the show due to his health and was replaced by Hetty the very next day

Anyone remember Clive from the very early days (stood between Jenni and Dutchess Helen on the west wing in December 05) who only did a handful of shows and then disappeared, never to be seen again. I wonder what the story was with him?

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Sun May 26, 2019 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:39 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show
Forum Games Moderator

Aaron I remember well as we all do, and Flash - surprisingly - too. Flash was one of those people who could be easily forgotten, and she had a game that amounted to a matter of routine but no more; she was, I suppose, a 'flash in the pan'. Why she's so prominent in my mind I have no idea.

As far as Joe being 97 is concerned - he did seem like a genial old git, to be fair to him. Like my great-granddad, who'll be 96 in two weeks' time, as old as the trees (well, older than most trees...) but unerringly happy to still be knocking about all the same. Somehow, the older they are, the less inhibited and miserable they seem to get. It's like a utility curve for misery, that peaks somewhere between 75 and 85 and tails off into joyous delirium at a hundred or so. :ponder:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:48 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show

On the subject of Flash, even with her unique name, i think she would've been easily forgotten if it weren't for her contribution here. She was likeable enough but only had a fairly short run on the wings and had a pretty uninteresting game, as she dealt for an easy few grand at the third offer after a fairly dismal first couple of rounds, and could've had a couple of grand or so more if she went another round and had slightly less in her box.

Though seeing Flash post on here at the time has made me a bit more sympathetic towards her and has steered me away from the "Oh god, she was so dull!" camp

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:33 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show
Forum Games Moderator

Ah, yeah, that'd be why I remembered her so well! :smt023

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:11 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show

Regarding Flash, here's a Reddit AMA she did, might be of interest https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... r_no_deal/

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:39 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show
Forum Games Moderator

One interesting note from that regarding Audrey, who stayed for a few shows and left due to ill health - Flash mentions that she found out 'it wasn't for her', issues with nervousness on set, and that she had an open invite to return at any point but never took that up. Which would make sense; I'm actually surprised there weren't a lot more people who were afflicted by the (still crudely named) 'stage fright' and couldn't make it through. It does seem, from Flash's account, to have been a fairly nerve-wracking experience...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:28 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:03 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show

This forum has seen very little activity since the show's finished. Think of this site as like a mining town that was once bustling and full of life back in the days of the mining boom, but over the years, the town became quieter as mining activities wound down until mining eventually ceased, and the town became a ghost town. Now It is simply a rotting husk of it's former glory, with it's only human life being the occassional passing tourist. It's shops (or what's left of them) falling apart and being eaten away by white ants, long grass and weeds growing through the cracking pavement and fungus growing on the cracking concrete slabs of buildings. The town is now only inhabited by wildlife coming to feed on plants growing in this former haven of bustling human life (the "wildlife" being the bots of course)

I think Freddie Mercury's "fruit flies" quote from the 2018 Bohemian Rhapsody film (great movie by the way! :smt023 ) would quite aptly describe these spambots plaguing the forum all of the sudden - “Do you know when you know you’ve gone rotten? Fruit flies. Dirty little fruit flies coming to feast on what’s left. So fly off.” :smt009

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:33 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show
Forum Games Moderator

Not a bad effort there Jim! Not bad at all. :P :smt023

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:04 am    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show

Remember that guy who played a few shows in late 2011, but was not seen again until May 2014?

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:23 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Contestants that got kicked off the show
Forum Games Moderator

Why, did he go into hibernation for three years?

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]