Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:54 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:54 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

basicasic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:29 am    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
Duffer wrote:
To quote the 'Non Voluntary Departure' section from the DOND application form (which is still on my coffee table all these months on...)

It says..

The Deal or No Deal team may ask any contestant to leave the show immediately if they behave inappropriately. Inappropriate behaviour includes (but is not limited to) the following:

- Swearing or being blasphemous
- Directly or indirectly mentioning products, brands or company names on set
- Behaving in a way that could cause offence to either fellow contestants and/or members of the viewing public
- Violent or abusive behaviour or trying to intimidate any other contestant (physically or verbally)
- Saying anything which is calculated to bring Deal or No deal or the Company or Channel 4 into disrepute.
- Damaging the hotel, the studio, the holding areas or its contents
- Making allegations either recklessly or knowing them to be false or libellous/slanderous
- Deliberately misleading the Company on any significant matter prior to contributing to the show.

If a contestant behaves in an unacceptable way and refuses the request of the Deal or No Deal team to modify their behaviour, then he/she will be required to leave the show immediately. If anyone refuses to leave then they will be forcibly removed by security. To be clear, the Company has the right to eject contestants without any warning and completely at its discretion if it thinks the contestants behaviour warrants it. Contestants will in this instance forfeit their right to receive any prize money and/or any prizes won at that point.

Such decisions will be entirely at the discretion of the Deal or No Deal team and there will be no appeal against such decisions, nor will contestants be eligible for any financial compensation.

- The producers' decision is final with regard to ejecting or removal of a contestant and as to whether that contestant should forfeit his or her prize money and/or prizes.

Well basically that lot means they can get rid of you for any reason they like and you have no comeback. So it doesn't make us any the wiser really.

It may be a behavioral thing or could just as easily be family/personal problems. Channel 4 aren't likely to make any public announcement if she's had a family bereavement for example. So thier silence isn't necessarily suspicious.

But it is intriguing all the same. ;)

wokoman88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:07 am    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

What I wonder is why they just didn't play her early like they did Janelle, who seemed to have a similar relationship with her group as CJ did with the current group.

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

Dusty Bin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:30 am    Author: Dusty Bin    Post subject:

If you can remember Amanda - who suffered a bereavement in the time between recording and the scheduled airing of the show - had her show replaced with a repeat of a previous contestant's game.

Would this not happen if CJ had played but the show could not be aired. Why was CJ's departure not referred to by Noel. Did Endemol think no-one would notice? By omitting any reference to her disappearance the conspiracy theorists have all emerged from behind the skirting boards....haven't we? :oops:

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:54 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

wokoman88 wrote:
What I wonder is why they just didn't play her early like they did Janelle, who seemed to have a similar relationship with her group as CJ did with the current group.

I see what you are saying, but making a player play their game on 6 or so shows would be very suspicious.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:37 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Well now the show has broadcast where shes clearly gone perhaps Tracy will explain what the deal is with her leaving now, we shall see.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:57 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I have been doing some etective work, In Maria's game she was talking to Ioanna alot >> Not that it means much.

In James' game, before she destroyed his game, noel said something about it being the 1p or something, she let out an angry sigh and Ioanna looked at her dirtily, then she opened it and carried on smiling....

But in Maria's game she seemed happy and fine, and was actually one of the first to run and congratulate her.... Hmmmm

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:23 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well, not sure if Tracy or others will be able to take the risk of giving full details at least until they've received the money they won! (Maybe someone who won next to nothing can tell all...)

On the subject of unpopular contestants, Stevie (the male one) said something on Suezan's contestant interview site about there being one person who nobody liked - obviously wasn't CJ as he played well before she appeared, could it have been the one thrown out without appearing, or was it someone who appeared and played around that time? Was trying to work out who it could have been but couldn't really get any clues, apart from ruling out the ones who people said they had kept in touch with etc!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:27 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Did anyone notice the artificial but over her voice in Stuarts game,

It sounded like a man trying to do a ladies voice... and it didn't sound like hers on the slightest... If you have stuarts game, just look at the disasterous round and see what I mean...

Tracy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:58 pm    Author: Tracy    Post subject:

Hey guys I can see your all driving yourselfs crazy over this thing. :evil:
Should I put all your minds at rest n tell you the full story?
Or should I just leave you to stew?He He
:lol:
I will give you a little clue your all very cold and are no where near the truth.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:14 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

All we know is that someone who is posting on C4 forums at the moment (a new player appearing next week) basically said she proved to be quite unfriendly and she was eventually asked to leave.

I know you gotta be careful with what you say, especially with the confidentiality agreement etc. but in short was that really what happened?

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:24 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Dont make us suffer!
She seemed to like a few people on the wings such as Maria and Ioanna... so she doesn't hate everyone... I am dying to know :lol:

Last edited by cookie_monster on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rich D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:35 pm    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before... but CJ was (almost?) always shown with a stool for her to sit on during the prog.

Don't like to speculate into other people's personal business, but if I did then I'd guess she suffers from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or ME or suchlike... but I'm probably totally wrong!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:38 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Rich D wrote:
Apologies if this has been mentioned before... but CJ was (almost?) always shown with a stool for her to sit on during the prog.

Don't like to speculate into other people's personal business, but if I did then I'd guess she suffers from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or ME or suchlike... but I'm probably totally wrong!

That is quite a good thought, but why would they edit a lot of her stuff out and not mention anything when she was leaving?

Dusty Bin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:48 pm    Author: Dusty Bin    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
I have been doing some etective work, In Maria's game she was talking to Ioanna alot >> Not that it means much.

In James' game, before she destroyed his game, noel said something about it being the 1p or something, she let out an angry sigh and Ioanna looked at her dirtily, then she opened it and carried on smiling....

But in Maria's game she seemed happy and fine, and was actually one of the first to run and congratulate her.... Hmmmm

When did James play?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:49 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Well if we're all cold then I dunno...I would have guessed either she leaked inside show info, or she was ill. I really dunno, it's a friggin mystery lol!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:51 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Somwhen around Maria...

26/9

The game after Maria.

Dusty Bin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:52 pm    Author: Dusty Bin    Post subject:

Tracy knows.

How can we tempt you Tracy??? ;)

wokoman88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:07 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
wokoman88 wrote:

I see what you are saying, but making a player play their game on 6 or so shows would be very suspicious.

Well, at least if she played early, there would be no £250,000/early deal rumours :lol:

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:07 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

so its not coz she was unpopular and not due to bereavement what else can it be?

Go on Tracy just say your not infringing the show anyway your just passing a note on to people who wondered where she went.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

wokoman88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:10 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

I think it is something to do with being unpopular as look at these two posts from earlier in the thread...

Big-Davey wrote:
That's too bad...what about you though Trace? ;)

Tracy wrote:
Or not!
Im all good.

The thing to look at is how Davey split his post and then tracy answered in two parts, i.e he said "Thats too bad" and she said "Or not"!!! (We're glad to be rid of her)

Or perhaps I have too much time on my hands and Ive read too much into it :lol:

[ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]