Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:00 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: David 'H2005' Fan Club!!!!!

Warnings: 0
Can't beleive half a decade has already passed since our old friend David was in the chair :shock:

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:43 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: David 'H2005' Fan Club!!!!!
Forum Games Moderator

I can't believe I was posting here for nearly half a decade before it even happened! :lol: :shock:

Crikey, time flies.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:18 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: David 'H2005' Fan Club!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGOgEFoIPko Is this H2005? Go to 46 seconds and you will see him

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:24 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: David 'H2005' Fan Club!!!!!

Yep, that's him.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: David 'H2005' Fan Club!!!!!
Administrator & Global Moderator

Yes. I don't look much like that now though.

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:00 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: David 'H2005' Fan Club!!!!!

David is just as smarmy and annoying in real life as he is on TV, apparently.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: David 'H2005' Fan Club!!!!!

Archstered wrote:
David is just as smarmy and annoying in real life as he is on TV, apparently.

I suspect he's worse.

DaphneEgghead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:42 pm    Author: DaphneEgghead    Post subject: Re: David 'H2005' Fan Club!!!!!

Yess... I remember you David. I liked your wig. Looked like a brown version of Donald Trump's hair! Mind of its own! :evil: :D

*beep*

DaphneEgghead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:42 pm    Author: DaphneEgghead    Post subject: Re: David 'H2005' Fan Club!!!!!

Oops sorry I don't know what that beep is. I must have pressed the wrong thing to cause it to go beep!

dond_rules

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:08 pm    Author: dond_rules    Post subject: Re: David 'H2005' Fan Club!!!!!

I auditioned in the same group as H very nice guy.

It was hard to watch deal after not getting on the show. I never got closure and I’ve been left self conscious ever since.

But I’ve managed to achieve my goals in life despite not getting on the show for the reasons I stated at my audition although my main goal was to have my own foundation which never happened sadly.

I don’t know why I’ve comeback here years after my audition finished perhaps I’m coming to terms with it.

After being on a journey since!

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:59 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: David 'H2005' Fan Club!!!!!

dond_rules wrote:
I auditioned in the same group as H very nice guy.

It was hard to watch deal after not getting on the show. I never got closure and I’ve been left self conscious ever since.

But I’ve managed to achieve my goals in life despite not getting on the show for the reasons I stated at my audition although my main goal was to have my own foundation which never happened sadly.

I don’t know why I’ve comeback here years after my audition finished perhaps I’m coming to terms with it.

After being on a journey since!

That'd have been 2008, yeah? You probably didn't have enough of a sob story prepared, or maybe they detected even the slightest possibility of you possessing a personality that wouldn't be in tune with deferring unwaveringly to The Banker. In any case, I wouldn't be too beat up about it. Gotta assume you were too interesting for the show - *their* show. Most of their contestants were white, middle class dullards who probably have VE Day profile pictures on Facebook and share posts about how Boris ''for all his faults'' is the right man for the job.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:37 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: David 'H2005' Fan Club!!!!!

I feel a bit silly bumping this, but thought it was the most appropriate place to write this! The revived DoND has brought back a lot of memories and made me feel 21 again. :lol:

It's been virtually 15 years since I was on the show and it's strange to think it's been that long. I'll be 36 next week, and it's odd to think that current contestants in their early 20s were only small children back then. :shock:

I was recently looking at old threads and I read back through this one. I'd forgotten how several people were a bit obsessed about me not smiling enough. They confused being nervous with me being grumpy or not wanting to be there. I was so excited to be there but was indeed very nervous, particularly at the start (for various reasons). It was a big thing for me to do, especially as I'd not long been out of school really (three-and-a-half years) and used to get very nervous even just presenting in front of classmates.

I've never watched my show back in full but I've seen clips (I couldn't watch too much of myself in one go and I still can't!). Obviously I have many memories of actually filming it though, and I still feel pleased I was relaxed enough during my actual game to mess around with Noel in the way I did. He really put me at ease which is why I felt comfortable enough to be myself. I probably irritated some people but Noel always said "it's your game" and I made it my own.

I always dreamed of winning around £20k, so I didn't quite hit that with the £6,500 I got, but it could've been so much worse. I'd have hated to leave with almost nothing which so many people obviously do. I know some people thought I messed up my 'diagonal' system, but I decided in advance how I'd do it and I did it as intended.

I didn't 'blow' the money or spend it on anything specific, so I always like to think that my bank balance now would've been £6,500 less had it not been for DoND, and indeed for Noel Edmonds, as I don't think I'd have been so interested (and applied) had he not hosted it.

My hair was probably too long back then, but it was the late 2000s. :lol: People nowadays who see photos of me on the show are surprised at how different I look these days. I like to think I look a bit more human now though!

[ 772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]