Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 8:40 pm Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2019 8:40 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 220, 221, 222, 223, 224

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:16 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Four days late for the party, but here's to it! I think we had something like 340 people online that afternoon, too. What a moment. :D

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:48 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...

Keyvan played on this day 5 years ago. He was a great character but he had a practically luckless game, and an unsuccessful gamble on box 23 was the final straw which saw Keyvan join the NOTHING network :(

Useless trivia - Keyvan was the last EVER man who stood in wing position E11 - the position that started with a long run of women, and ended with a long run of women (April 2014 also marked the last man in W11, which had mostly men in it at first, then went mixed, and after Craig who played in this month, it was all female for the rest of the show's run) - Oh how i miss my namesake James1978! :)

Profile E-mail  

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:33 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...
Forum Games Moderator

James1978, what an unsung hero of this forum he was. :)

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:07 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...

daniel123 wrote:
James1978, what an unsung hero of this forum he was. :)

What happened to him? He was always loyal to the forum and seemed like such a great guy, he was always very open-minded about the way people played their games and hardly ever got aggressive. Then he just......disappeared :|

Anyone heard from him lately?

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:34 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...

First post here in over 5 years!

Wow, I'm amazed I'm even remembered TBH.

I did choose to stop posting on the forum actually, it came to the point where during the last year or so I posted here, all I was doing was bitching about other users' posts (first it was Norwich Donder who always seemed to snipe at the contestants, then Mark with his oh dears, then it was Mad Mark/Dr Hindsight/whatever else he called himself, then lastly ACB - though the latter did get much better after I left) - and not really posting anything constructive myself as I wasn't watching the show anywhere near as much as in the early days, so didn't feel I had anything to contribute any more. There might have been one or two more but they're the main ones I remember!

I can't have seen more than 20 games per year from 2014 onwards, though I did see most of the specials at the end of 2016 and the jackpot win on the last-ever show (which I felt was something of a fix!), and I absolutely HATED Box 23 - to have been used as anything more than a tool to see if people could rescue to extra 10 grand out of a trainwreck (and to keep viewers watching a trainwreck) , then the NOTHING option really needed to go (have something else bad, but not as bad as losing the lot!).

(God I've just realised I still have a signature of an old man who played his name nearly 13 years ago.......)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:27 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...

I must have some kind of psychic powers to get you back on here! :-D

I can't say i was a fan of Box 23 either, as it was just a gimmick they added to suddenly turn trainwrecks into decent wins and was essentially a more permanent version of the miniature boxes from Tracey's game, BUT i can seen why it was done, as we were just about starved of big wins and exciting games during the second half of 2013, as the majority of contestants during that era had become incredibly cautious and many were terrified of going on of 8-box! (plus the rare gamblers we had during that era nearly always ended up winning low amounts, which didn't help matters either). Box 23 at least gave contestants some motivation to keep playing as it gave players a chance to recover things if it went badly wrong.

We did have a great period of big wins in October 2015 with Ann becoming the 8th quarter-millionaire (and nearly blowing it by doing a "Mary" on box 23!!), £100k Harry and some powerful boards, which no doubt would've been a classic era for the show if it were in the pre-box 23, 45 minute slot era and wasn't for the fact that people were beginning to accept that DoND was running on its last legs

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Thu May 02, 2019 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:29 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...

13 years ago today was £100k Gaz and 12 years ago today was Leila, who went from being brushed off by Theresa when advising her to deal at an ultra-generous offer, to being practically lectured into dealing by her mother when she played :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Davao

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:15 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...

12 years ago today it was £101,000 Graeme's game, I loved that game, had everything to make it exciting.

DOND AWARDS!

viewtopic.php?f=14&p=847549#p847549 DO YOU LIKE THE IDEA?

Profile E-mail  
 [ 4468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 220, 221, 222, 223, 224
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]