Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:45 pm Last visit was: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:11 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...

Warnings: 0
11 year ago was the game of Maria's historical £100k win. The studio went absolutely NUTS at the end! :D :-D :smt023 Her game pretty much saved the cursed month of September.

September 2007 doesn't seem so bad in hindsight even though it was tainted by the Battle Of The Sexes nonsense and the unlucky games it produced. We still had some great games in the form of £100k, £52k Theresa, £34k Zahida, £26k Alexandra and £15k James the day after Maria, as well as Stuart at the end of the month who had the first ever £425k nightmare round but recovered to a good result and a technical draw! And some great characters like Siobhan, Planet Joan, Ed and Pottsy on the show! (Not to mention some nice ladies such as Zahida, Siobhan, Andrea and Danielle to name a few ;-) )

At least people weren't too affected by the bad games during Battle of the sexes, it wasn't until a year later that things really started to go bad for the month of September. If the Battle of the sexes games happened a year later, Theresa would've been utterly terrified and dealt at £20k at 8-box! :roll:

Of course the other thing about Maria's game was that it marked the debut of the infamous CJ's short-lived stint on the wings before she was out on ear, never to be seen again due to alleged conflict with the other contestants off-screen, taking the walk of shame instead of the walk of wealth.....oh right, sorry, wrong show!

Her box openings did seem oddly edited too, as they were giving her as little camera exposure as possible, she got no closeups, they only showed her when she opened her box or someone standing beside her opened their box, when she was chosen to open her box, they abruptly cut straight to her box opening and didn't even show her reaction after her box reveal, Noel didn't welcome CJ as the newbie or even mention her in Maria's game nor did he mention her being gone in Bernie's game just over a week later, and was it true that her voice was edited when she opened her box in Stuart's game?

Profile E-mail  

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:58 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...

This time 4 years ago, the usual September slump hit with a vengeance after a great August. The highest win of the month was just £18,000 and like September in most other years, it was just a full of bad-mediocre games with minimal OPWs :roll:

September 2014 also saw an event that marked the beginning of the end for DoND - the abrupt scrapping of the weekend shows for the second time, seemingly for good this time. After this, there was only £0 Susan and Alan Carr's celebrity show broadcast on a Sunday in early October and that was it, and from there, DoND started being on less and less with the show taking a break over Christmas and New Year's, the weekend shows not returning at the start of 2015, and then from March 2015 onwards, the show started taking breaks almost every week due to horse racing telecasts, and would be off screen for months on end during the middle part of the year

Profile E-mail  

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:19 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...
Forum Games Moderator

Contrast that with the summer of '06 and 'Double Deal Week', when several million people just couldn't get enough of Deal or No Deal. I was on holiday in Spain - as I announced at the time with a whole thread dedicated to this incredibly important issue, in something like the second post I'd ever actually made on the forum :P - and for so many reasons, those few weeks were unforgettably brilliant, with Double Deal Week bouncing around in the mix of great memories as I look back on it tonight.

Stevie the 'black widow', daniel4389, Nessie, Kestral, Wayne the...Fireman? Something like that, who had £999 in all his offers and a terrifically disappointing game; Wakey, Carlton, J.R. Them were t'days.

That all said, I'm pleasantly surprised at the little flurry of activity we've had here in the last week or so. I had pretty much signed-off over the summer, and wasn't expecting to post at all after that. You never know what's around the corner... :suspect: :smt023

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:15 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...

daniel123 wrote:
Contrast that with the summer of '06 and 'Double Deal Week', when several million people just couldn't get enough of Deal or No Deal. I was on holiday in Spain - as I announced at the time with a whole thread dedicated to this incredibly important issue, in something like the second post I'd ever actually made on the forum :P - and for so many reasons, those few weeks were unforgettably brilliant, with Double Deal Week bouncing around in the mix of great memories as I look back on it tonight.

Stevie the 'black widow', daniel4389, Nessie, Kestral, Wayne the...Fireman? Something like that, who had £999 in all his offers and a terrifically disappointing game; Wakey, Carlton, J.R. Them were t'days.

That all said, I'm pleasantly surprised at the little flurry of activity we've had here in the last week or so. I had pretty much signed-off over the summer, and wasn't expecting to post at all after that. You never know what's around the corner... :suspect: :smt023

It was Wayne the brain who dealt at £999, I think he was a fireman but i vaguely remember now. Ashok was another great character from around that time too. I've seen his game on YouTube, and i really admire the guy. He had a great sense of humour and he just seemed to thoroughly enjoy himself throughout his whole game even though he had a disappointing result. Would make an interesting contrast to that miserable old crow who played a few shows later :roll: (She only just broke a smile for split second when Noel mentioned "semi-quickie" in Ashok's game, though she did look nice in that top she was wearing ;-) )

Who can forget Daniel4389 in his heyday, he was a character and a half that young fella! Especially his swooning over a certain female contestant who stood in the middle of the east wing and played in May 2006. I can also remember him (and a couple of others on here as well) going nuclear when they starting putting men in wing position E11 in early 2007, having been an all-female position up until that point :smt023

Profile E-mail  

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:19 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...

JamesJMH91 wrote:
11 year ago was the game of Maria's historical £100k win. The studio went absolutely NUTS at the end! :D :-D :smt023 Her game pretty much saved the cursed month of September.

September 2007 doesn't seem so bad in hindsight even though it was tainted by the Battle Of The Sexes nonsense and the unlucky games it produced. We still had some great games in the form of £100k, £52k Theresa, £34k Zahida, £26k Alexandra and £15k James the day after Maria, as well as Stuart at the end of the month who had the first ever £425k nightmare round but recovered to a good result and a technical draw! And some great characters like Siobhan, Planet Joan, Ed and Pottsy on the show! (Not to mention some nice ladies such as Zahida, Siobhan, Andrea and Danielle to name a few ;-) )

At least people weren't too affected by the bad games during Battle of the sexes, it wasn't until a year later that things really started to go bad for the month of September. If the Battle of the sexes games happened a year later, Theresa would've been utterly terrified and dealt at £20k at 8-box! :roll:

Of course the other thing about Maria's game was that it marked the debut of the infamous CJ's short-lived stint on the wings before she was out on ear, never to be seen again due to alleged conflict with the other contestants off-screen, taking the walk of shame instead of the walk of wealth.....oh right, sorry, wrong show!

Her box openings did seem oddly edited too, as they were giving her as little camera exposure as possible, she got no closeups, they only showed her when she opened her box or someone standing beside her opened their box, when she was chosen to open her box, they abruptly cut straight to her box opening and didn't even show her reaction after her box reveal, Noel didn't welcome CJ as the newbie or even mention her in Maria's game nor did he mention her being gone in Bernie's game just over a week later, and was it true that her voice was edited when she opened her box in Stuart's game?

Oh god, how the hell did i manage to forget mentioning Jean the Grinning Reaper in this post?! She was one of the big ones on the show at that time. I remember she couldn't stop revealing the top 3 in her first 5 shows, then she started to dilute a bit and became more mixed. Some other memorable moments from Jean when she wore a necklace with the number 13, in one game she gave some advice and said something like "Don't listen the audience, they want you to crash and burn!" and of course, her making a surprise guest appearance on the Halloween show weeks later! :shock: :-D

Back on the subject of CJ, i can also remember some week after her abrupt departure, an old-ish guy named Pete played, who had been on the wings the same time as CJ and used a system by picking numbers that he asked his fellow contestants to pick for him. I can seem to remember him referring to CJ as "OJ" when he picked the number she chose for him. He could've done it to avoid making any direct references to CJ, although he did seem a bit off with the pronunciation of some of the names (e.g. he called Ioanna "Joanna" and Danielle "Daniella" etc.)

By the way DANIEL, i just went back and read your closing post on £5,100 Pete's game thread!
:spank :smt018

Profile E-mail  
 [ 4445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]