Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:25 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Warnings: 0
I'm pretty sure that was Jo from May 2007. I remember finding it ironic she bailed with £1,000 despite having about half of her heartbeats remember given she was one of the cautious players who encouraged the Banker to start making stingy offers again around that time.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:13 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Oh yes, i remember now. Her and her good pal Lynn (stood either side of James/Jamie in the east wing in April and May 2007) were both very cautious on the wings and they both got emotional quite a lot too - especially when PJ's forced gamble at 2-box went horribly wrong and when Jo destroyed Lynn's game by revealing the £250k in the fifth round :smt009 Then two days lately, Jo had one of the worst opening rounds ever and then recovered to win £8,000 and beat the banker!

IIRC Jo was a bit of a black widow on the wings, as she had the £250k at least 3 times (Her first 2 shows, and in Lynn's game)! :shock:

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:30 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

£50k Hilary from 2006 and her daughter (who got half of her money) were on Letterbox. Here's the clip!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:11 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???
Administrator & Global Moderator

'Stats man' Ed from autumn 2007 was on Len Goodman's Partners In Rhyme yesterday. :lol:

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:23 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Yup, from Ipswich :D

That one was meant to be on the week before but it wasn't. No idea why.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Neil, the partially deaf man who played in December 2006, was on Pointless not so long ago. Funnily enough, he was knocked out just prior to a head-to-head category about Noel Edmonds with DOND being the answer to one of the clues.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:20 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Bryan, one of the show's best advice givers who played in October 2010, was on Perfection yesterday. Sadly, he stepped up to help in the 2nd game and lost. :(

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:26 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Dave Woolin was on a games show called "The Boss" earlier in the year - quite an odd show, that. He got knocked out before the final unfortunately.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???
Administrator & Global Moderator

I'm fairly certain Brian (Summer 2008; he was part of the Summer Specials) is on Pointless at the moment.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:03 am    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Just saw that Aaron (bushy, March 2006) is now an MP.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/st ... al-3639575

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:58 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Lewis246 wrote:
Just saw that Aaron (bushy, March 2006) is now an MP.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/st ... al-3639575

Will he help deliver a “Deal or No Deal” Brexit? :-D

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:17 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Bottlers

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:48 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

I've seen the original Louise (played 29/12/05, won £9,000) on an episode of Wheel Of Fortune from 2000, which is floating around on YouTube somewhere

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:23 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Little Rich from the Halloween 2007 specials was on The Wheel this past weekend, and he.........

.......won £28,000. :-D :-D :-D :cow :cow :cow

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:38 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Surprised this was never mentioned, but Jo from May 2007 is one of the check-out ladies on Rylan's Supermarket Sweep!

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:43 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???
Global Moderator

Spotted £120k Jennifer in an old Fifteen to One last night! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpBu_-NXHy4

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:45 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

hogwild94 wrote:
Spotted £120k Jennifer in an old Fifteen to One last night! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpBu_-NXHy4

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I don't think I've ever seen a less diverse group of game show contestants! I bet they gave themselves a pat on the back for their inclusiveness by having an Irish woman taking part. Grief.

And the production values, 1995? Really?? Did the 90's not happen until the Spice Girls or something?

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:48 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???
Global Moderator

psychokiller wrote:
hogwild94 wrote:

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I don't think I've ever seen a less diverse group of game show contestants! I bet they gave themselves a pat on the back for their inclusiveness by having an Irish woman taking part. Grief.

And the production values, 1995? Really?? Did the 90's not happen until the Spice Girls or something?

Yeah, Fifteen to One was always a bit low tech, but, to be fair, it was such a simple show that it could get away with it. They did eventually replace the picture cards with an off-set screen, but not until 97 or 98.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:17 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

OK it's not on TV (there's no way I'm watching scenes from the House Of Commons at the moment!!) but if you scroll down to the article at 16:43 - is that Aaron from March 2006 who's now an MP? Looks like him. He certainly seemed the type who would be forthright about such matters in Parliament from when he was on the show!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-60147988

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:42 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???
Global Moderator

James1978 wrote:
OK it's not on TV (there's no way I'm watching scenes from the House Of Commons at the moment!!) but if you scroll down to the article at 16:43 - is that Aaron from March 2006 who's now an MP? Looks like him. He certainly seemed the type who would be forthright about such matters in Parliament from when he was on the show!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-60147988

Indeed it is! He's been the MP for Newcastle-under-Lyme since 2019.

On a similar note, Andy Kelly is now the Lib Dem leader on Rochdale council!

[ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]