Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:35 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:35 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208 ... 219  Next

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:51 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Warnings: 0
And it's been eight years since another game with an unusually dour atmosphere. Colleen had a strong game virtually throughout, but the way she was reacting you'd think she was making a beeline for pocket change. It dampened moods with a soaked rag and even the most impartial observers on the forum at the time where failing to hold their tongue when she was bursting into tears and accepting a rip-offer. The show had been in a 'sticky period' for a looooong time by this point, directly brought about as a result of the recession.

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:16 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

psychokiller wrote:
And it's been eight years since another game with an unusually dour atmosphere. Colleen had a strong game virtually throughout, but the way she was reacting you'd think she was making a beeline for pocket change. It dampened moods with a soaked rag and even the most impartial observers on the forum at the time where failing to hold their tongue when she was bursting into tears and accepting a rip-offer. The show had been in a 'sticky period' for a looooong time by this point, directly brought about as a result of the recession.

Was she another Richard but with the tears?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:22 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Davao wrote:
psychokiller wrote:

Was she another Richard but with the tears?

And without a 3rd offer Deal. ;)

And annoyingly enough, Colleen was the first person to win more than £22,500 after Richard player over a month earlier. :evil:

Besides Jess the day after, every player in the week after Colleen's game followed in her footsteps by dealing a VERY poor 8 box offer on a VERY strong board. :smt011

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:58 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Oh god, i hated Colleen's game. I think she may have just been nervous/overwhelemed by the strength of her board, but her constantly looking depressed and upset throughout her game (Not helped by Noel and the 21 robots on the wings not really doing anything to lighten the mood) despite having a game that was as strong as Brenda's (!) just dragged the whole thing down and it didn't help the banker was in his 2008 tight mode with his offers that he'd been in. Even H2005 was annoyed by this game and the negative atmosphere it had despite the incredibly strong board! (After Richard, the banker become so stingy with his offers for the remainder of 2008, and the offer generosity didn't really improve again until January/February 2009 thanks to the legend that was Stat Man Daniel. Though he may have learned his lesson from the trend of stingyness being punished by huge wins around Christimas!)

Colleen kind of looked like Janelle too, and i have a feeling that if Janelle had a super-strong game like Colleen/Brenda, the atmosphere would've been just the same, since she didn't seem to have a great relationship with the others. So it's kind of spooky that these 2 games fell on the same date!

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:05 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Happy Paddy day everyone! One of the easier jackpot wins but still a great game to watch.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:57 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

There is just no way it's been over 2 years since £50k Laura and half a decade since Loz and £50k Chris!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:29 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

10 years ago, we were 2 shows into the second season of DoND following a 5 week break, during which repeats of early DoND episodes from show 2-onwards where being shown Sunday to Friday in DoND's timeslot (Though the show 1 wasn't shown again until 2007 when they did the repeats of 'Classic' DoND episodes every Saturday night!)

Along with coming back from the break, we were in desperate need of a great result after a string of unlucky games leading into the summer break and continuing with Lindsay who won £500 on the first show back. A young man with the memorable name of Nick Diamond was here to change things however, where he turned down some big offers and was faced with one of the strongest 8-box boards ever, where he has 1 blue and practically every big number still in play except the £100,000!

Having turned down an offer of £31,000 at 11-box and been successful, Nick was offered a huge £45,000 at 8-box where he decided to DEAL

Nick's decision turned out to be perfect as he took out the £250k and £75k in the next round, and then the £50k in the last round, making it a sorely-needed big money OPW! :D (I know there was Buddy who won £50k between two 1p winners, but Nick's £45k win felt more deserved in my opinion!)

Of course, some would argue that Nick's big win and powerful game would pale compared to what would happen 24 hours later! :smt023

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:54 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

This will sadly be the last time we get to do this (while the show is still active anyway).

But happy 11th anniversary to DoND! :smt023

Although it seemed unlikely to survive the 11th anniversary, it's somehow managed to hang in there, and although the show is on life support and about to have the machine switched off, this is still an impressive milestone none the less! :D

I feel so old now, knowing it was 11 years ago, and, like when the show first debuted on October 31st 2005, October 31 is also on a Monday this year, and it's actually the third time October 31st has fallen on a Monday during the show's run. Which is pretty insane knowing how quickly time has gone! :shock:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:56 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

11 years ago, Natalie was the first ever player to carry the £250k to the table....unfortunately, she had already dealt for £22,000 :(

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:33 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

I was away on Friday but that was the 11th anniversary of £120k Jennifer and the 8th anniversary of Lee founding the NOTHING network!

It's crazy to think that Jennifer, Adrienne, £22k Natalie, £35k Maurice and Madie and his notorious AMO rejection were all well over a decade ago now! :shock:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:06 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

So 5 years ago was Rachael's game where she dealt at £11,500 and undersold a £75k box and took it pretty badly by the sounds of it

6 years ago was the 5th birthday specials which peaked with Elli's £30k OPW

7 years ago, Rob was offered £17k at 8-box with the £35k/£50k/£250k still higher, he declined it, and after losing the £250k in the next round, accepted a defeatist deal of £10k at 5-box, only to achieve the £35k/£50k ending after the deal! :shock: :smt011

8 years ago Alan played the day after Keran's incredible turnaround and received unusually generous offers for late 2008 (which was one of the worst periods ever for offer generosity)! He dealt at £25k at 5-box, which consisted of 3 blues/£3k/£250k and found the £250k in the last round, giving him a huge OPW :D

9 years ago James had a pretty similar game in terms of board and also got an OPW after dealing at £15k on a Trevor final-5 and having 1p on the table :D

A decade ago was Amanda's game which initially wasn't aired due to a loss in her family :( But in 2013, it FINALLY saw the light of day and it sounds like she got some insanely generous offers too! Did Amanda really have an offer of £13,500 on a £100k one-box game at 8-box? :shock:

11 years ago was £54k Mally, the founder of Mally's law - the theory that one amount can't come to the table on consecutive shows. Although Mally was a great bloke and deserved every penny of the £54,000, in gameplay terms, it was (IMO at least) one of the most undeserved huge wins ever as Mally received 4 non-dealable offers before 5-box, then got an insta-deal at 5-box (which he took), and then had probably the most unrealistic proveout of all time (£145k on a £100/£250k)! :? To cap it all, Mally turned out to be the second player to have the £250k in their box!

(Sorry, forgot who played last year and in 2014 on this day)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:58 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

2014- One of the several occasions in which the button likely cost the player a big win, as Amir made it to 5 box and got a borderline JOKE offer of £4,838 on a 3 blues/£20k/£50k board with the button still in play. :smt011 He obviously no dealt this, then found the lowest blue and pressed the button. He then dealt a far more respectable £9,676, but then found the other 2 blues and missed out on an offer of £35,000 and £50,000 from his box. :evil:

2015- Another occasion in which the button likely hurt the player's game, as Clare got some big offers throughout, including £30,000 at the 3rd offer (the highest 3rd offer since February 2012). :shock: However, she then found the £250k just before 5 box. She then got offered a reasonable £12,000 on a 2 blues/£15k/£35k/£50k board, but the button made it all too easy to chase her losses. This proved to be a huge mistake, though, as she found the highest two reds and then pressed the button. :smt009 The Banker offered £2,300, which was still half reasonable for the board, and Clare thankfully dealt it. I say thankfully as she would've found the £15k in the next box and Box 23, which wasn't bought, had NOTHING in it. Still, the fact that she was willing to cut her losses at such a mediocre offer rather suggests she almost certainly would've dealt at 5 box without the button in play. :? :x

Looking back at these games makes me glad the on tour shows won't use the offer button. As I said at the beginning of the year, it seems more often than not to be an advantage to the Banker rather than the player. :smt011

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:15 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

It's been 10 years since Tingly Mike's 11-box OPW where he was offered the SWAP at 17-box and accepted the swap. He opened his original box in the very next box to find it had the 1p! :shock: :D

Ironically, he got an OPW after dealing at £26,500 at 11-box and 'only' having £20k in his new box :-D

It's been over a decade since Sara created the first ever DREAM FINISH too! :smt023

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:15 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

JamesJMH91 wrote:
It's been over a decade since Sara created the first ever DREAM FINISH too! :smt023

And quite remarkably, despite her game being the 33rd made, it was the first time someone hit the 10% perfect 6th round.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:23 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

11 years ago, Kai got off to a great start and received a (VERY generous at the time) opening offer of £9,000. Unfortunately though, Kai pretty much used up all his luck in the first round and by 7-box, he had taken out every other red except £75,000! :shock:

Luckily though, Kai kept the sole red in play to 5-box and was given a lifeline with an offer of £7,500 on an all or peanuts board and DEALT. The £75k went in the final round and Kai only had £100 was it? in his box. So really, it was a TPW that would've been an OPW if Kai didn't have such a generous first offer! :)

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Yesterday was 10 years since our first on-show proposal, back when this was truly unusual and a touchstone in DOND history. Now it's happened about 30 times and has blunted the edge that was sharpened by Lynsey and her partner on 08/12/2006.

Lynsey was also a family relation of former forum member Suezan, except she wasn't and she made the whole thing up.

''no i know her she my cousin much love lynsey mwah xx''

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:38 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

10 years to the day since Donna Rampton played. To be honest I don't think the deal she took was actually that bad statistically. I doubt Deal-Eye would have wanted much more than £21k on that board. Her reaction though was even more ridiculous than that £59k proveout offer...

Let's hope the start of the touring shows runs much smoother.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:07 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Brick wrote:
10 years to the day since Donna Rampton played. To be honest I don't think the deal she took was actually that bad statistically. I doubt Deal-Eye would have wanted much more than £21k on that board. Her reaction though was even more ridiculous than that £59k proveout offer...

FD was £15,637.75 so DE would surely have said DEAL to £21,000. The £59,000 is an outright LIE as that offer was 185% of the FD.
You'd be lucky to get probably £35,000 on a board like that these days.

Fan of classic rock and metal

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:55 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Brick wrote:

Piddled ourselves when that game went out. Temper tears. I like the very moment that it becomes genuinely uncomfortable viewing that even shuts Noel up, when he's talking about what Hugill could possibly offer at this dream finish climax, only to be interrupted by Donna growling in fury.

She lied about her job too, which both Noel and Hugill clearly knew she was. Construction yard supervisor or something, she claimed.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:49 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Donna was one person I just couldn't have any sympathy for when it went wrong, as she just came across as a spoilt child and even before 8-box, i found her somewhat hard to warm to, partly due to her dishonesty (I.e. lying about her job), which was also a real turn-off.

The ironic thing was, when practically the same thing happened in Ingerlise's game a few shows after she took £15,000 and broke down in tears at missing out on the £250k (the first time it was on the table since Double Deal Week in June!!), Donna of all people was the one who advised Ingerlise to deal :shock:

If Donna and her fiancée are still together 11 years later, it'll be an even bigger shock than Donald Trump being elected as president :|

[ 4374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208 ... 219  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]