Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:28 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:28 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 219  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:45 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Warnings: 0
Out of interest, what was the last show to use the term "Banker's Gamble"?

Fan of classic rock and metal

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:54 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

BankerSpanker wrote:
Out of interest, what was the last show to use the term "Banker's Gamble"?

I think it was Bob's game on Easter Monday back in April 2012.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:25 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Last year, Jamie declined £3,750 on a 1p / £15,000 finish, accepted the SWAP and ended up with 1p on the table. Box 23 was of no use as it only doubled his winnings to just 2p :(

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:00 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Yesterday marked the anniversaries of 2 big flashpoint games ;)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:55 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

JamesJMH91 wrote:

Yep, £75,000 blank box Gill and a guy who won £6,500 and claimed to be Deal's biggest fan as he ran a website for the show. :suspect: :P ;)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:11 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

6 YEARS since David's (h2005) game! :shock:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:14 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

American Coupon Boy wrote:
JamesJMH91 wrote:

Yep, £75,000 blank box Gill and a guy who won £6,500 and claimed to be Deal's biggest fan as he ran a website for the show. :suspect: :P ;)

Oh, and don't forget Niko's game in 2012 which should've won the march 2012 s.o.t.m poll, but was pipped at the post by Jess' game which was pushed across the line by a rather unhappy wakey brigade in that thread :roll:

Anyway, 3 years ago was one of my top 3 worst deals ever - Dave dealing for an absolutely PITIFUL £900 on a 4-blues/£35k final 5, AND he got away with it! :smt009 :smt011

Little did we know, it wouldn't feel so bad compared to the horror story we had in December 2013 :smt009 :smt023

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:55 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

I can't beleive it's ALREADY been 2 years since Jainaba, Kerrie, Tommy, Jen, Dave, Betsy and Wai Ling's games!! :shock:

I remember it being Easter 2 years ago and being on holiday for the weekend with Dad and friends of ours!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:57 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Why can't we have games like that nowadays? :( ;)

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:07 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Seven years ago, which alarmingly was 2008 and not somewhere between 2001-4, many contestants were feeling the sharp beak of despair nipping at their teats. It was the credit crunch, the '00's depression, the Gordon Broooon era. Northern Rock was pissing its last and house prices were rocketing faster than a whippet with a firecracker stuck up its 'arris. Put it simply, 2008 was utter crap for loads of us.

This era of cack even found its way into the previously impenetrable escapist compound that was the paintwork factory. I'd stopped watching by this point. but during channel hopping one afternoon I saw about 10 seconds and heard Noel spout something along the lines of ''in today's currently challenging times''. People were on the show for easy money and were taking no risks in how they got it.

Every other sod dealt for £20k after two boxes had been opened, the rest not even bothering to play the game and just accepting a £5k walkout sum out of fear of ending up with egg on their face and a home under a railway bridge.

Anyway, the most memorable of these was Richard, but only because of hindsight. Not that it means anything, proveout play is immaterial.

There was also Les, who was given a fantastically devious hatchet job by the Endemol editors. Every other word he said on the wings was cautious - but he ended up declining over £1,000,000 and ended up with 10p, or something like that. I'd stopped watching by this point, I'm going on received knowledge and also what I think would be funny to watch, reality ensuing or otherwise.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:30 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...
Forum Games Moderator

Yeah. It was a pretty awful year for everyone really. Towards the end of it, I wrote a poem called 'Respect For The Dead' and it's utterly terrible, even for a thirteen-year-old. If that doesn't find you the sum of 2008 in two pages of paper best used as food for your fire, I'm not sure what would. I also need a *beep* drink.

I stopped watching the show in February 2008, I think. Maritime archaeology then captivated my interests for the next few years, and I left here in late 2009. I came back in late 2012, but I'm still seven years and three months clear of DoND. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Brick

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:42 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Happy Kerry-Anne day everyone...

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:04 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

Today is 6 years since since the infamous game of John, which was noted for, well.....him just crying for no apparent reason from 8-box onwards really! :?

Gameplay-wise, John had a trainwreck of a game really, taking out all the big money early on, and by 8-box, he only has £5k and £15k left on the red side! After a much-needed all-blue fifth round, John faced a 50p/£5/£50/£5k/£15k board, where the banker offered John a VERY generous £3,500 (Just £500 below the average!!).

An emotional John struggled with the decision, but then the banker called up and promised that John's next offer would be EXACTLY the average, regardless of what he had on the board at 2-box (meaning he could potentially get a £10,000 offer at 2-box if he had the perfect round!). This was enough to convince John to say NO DEAL to the offer!

Sadly, the whole game totally crashed as John took out the remaining 2 reds in the remaining to boxes and John was left with a 50p/£50 finish. He played all the way to win £50 from his box :(

At the end of the show, a very emotional John gave a vaguely uplifting speech:

"Guys, Thank you all so very much. Whatever you do, don't take my game into your hearts. Play it, win it, and whoever comes up here next....SPANK THAT BANKER FOR ME WILL YOU PLEASE!"

I still don't get why John was basically reduced to tears from 8-box onwards. He just started up when he tried to talk about his family. He didn't have a sob story and nothing was said about any close friends or family members being unwell :?

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:17 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

6 Years ago, Sylvie was faced with a 3-blues/£10k/£250k final 5, where she was given an INSULTING offer of £9,000! :shock: :evil: She played on and sadly crashed in the final round, taking out both reds and ending up with £100. The banker's trap of making a joke offer at 5-box worked for him this time :smt009 :evil: i think this was possibly the first game for some time where the banker had made any real joke offers to force the player on with joke offers, certainly a contrast to Amy's game exactly one week before hand!

9 years ago, Frank played DoND's second Sunday show final game of DOUBLE DEAL WEEK, after being on screens for just one week! But It was still 14 shows though, given they'd been doing TWO shows for that whole week, plus an extra show on the Sunday. He wanted money to help his sick daughter, which made it tense to watch, and he did get a very nice sum of £20,000 out of his game, but denied a spanking by having £35,000 in his box

Interesting how back then, they did 2 shows per day for a whole week, as well as shows on both days of the weekend for that week, to keep the ratings up during the World Cup. Bit different to today's world of the show being pulled off nearly every second week now to look after horse-racing fans! :smt023

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:47 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

A year ago, was the game of Buk, who finally played his game almost THREE YEARS after his original wing debut! :shock:

He first appeared in September 2011, where he did 7 shows, before having to leave the show due to unfortunate circumstances :(. We thought he was never going to come back, until he made a surprise return in £46k Rosie's game in May last year, where he did a further 21 shows in W4.

As for his game, he dealt at £11,000 and declined the bankers gamble at 2-box, but I forgot what he had on the table :?

----------------------------------------

9 years ago, Bianca had a topsy turvy game. A mixed first round saw her get offered a SWAP instead of money at the first offer, which she declined. A damaging second round saw the £75k and £100k go, and Bianca's first monetary offer came in at £5,000

A quickie round saw Bianca take out three blues (I think :? ) and saw Bianca's offers enter 5-figures with an offer of £10,000. At this stage, Bianca had 5-blues/three lowest reds/£15k/£50k/£250k, and turned down the £10k offer

Some damage in the fourth round left the £250k exposed as Bianca lost the £15k and the £50k. And it was here that Bianca was starting to get emotional

With the £250k only 'backed up' by the three lowest reds, Bianca's offer was a lousy £3,800! :smt019 After declining this, Bianca's game totally crashed in the fifth round as she lost the QM and the second highest red, £5,000 :(

With the game almost in tatters, and a £10/£250/£750/£1k/£3k board, Bianca declined the offer of £600

Thankfully, a belated, but much-needed perfect round left Bianca with the £1k/£3k finish, although Bianca was still pretty down and upset :(

Bianca ended up cutting her losses by dealing at the last offer of £2,000, but a disappointing game ended on a disappointing note when the £3,000 was revealed on the table :(

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:20 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

1 year ago was the game of Isabelle, who dealt for £35,000 but missed out on the dream finish!

Although for once, there wasn't too much outcry over someone missing out on the dream finish, and people on here were mostly just happy that somebody won a significant amount for a change! :)

Even better, Isabelle's game was the beginning of the good run we had over the next couple of months :D

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:02 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

£35k was a good result for someone who wasn't originally supposed to be a contestant...

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:26 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

6 years ago was the infamous game of Simon who dealt at his lowest offer of £4,300, and was offered the Banker's Gamble on a 10p/£35,000 ending. Much drama ensued when Simon's wife Angela fainted on set as Noel was about to ask the question! :shock: :(

Everyone in the studio was shocked and didn't know what to say as Angela was attended to by paramedics and had to be taken out of the studio for treatment. Later, they resumed the filming after Simon agreed to keep playing the game despite what had happened, and Angela watched the game from outside in the care of paramedics (she was shown on the studio screen)

After things got back on track, Noel asked Simon the question again and Simon ACCEPTED the banker's gamble, and went back into live play! After SWAPPING his box because of suggestion by a woman he worked with (:-D), Simon couldn't have asked for a better ending after Noel revealed £35,000 in his new box! :D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:31 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

5 years ago, Mini played the last normal game of Season 5. She got a mixed start, taking £15k, £50k and 3-blues, but got a pretty generous opening offer of £11,000.

But after that, the whole game totally crashed as Mini took out the top 3 in the second round, and then the £20k, £35k and £3k in the next round, meaning she only had £1k, £5k and £10k on the red side at 11-box, and unable to get a potential OPW as the highest amount on the board was lower than her first offer of £11,000! :shock:

Mini then had two desperately needed all-blue rounds and got to a 5-box with 10p/£100/£1,000/£5,000/£10,000, and was offered a somewhat forcing £1,500 :? She played on, only for her awful luck to return in style when she took out the three reds and was left with a 10p/£100 ending :( The opening of her box proved to be last nail in the coffin when Mini went away with 10p :(

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:19 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 Years Since...

If memory serves, Mini was only the second player to take out the top 3 in a single round in live play.

The fact it came the game after Dennis "accidentally" dealt the third offer didn't help...

[ 4374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 219  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]